Professional Web Applications Themes

Dreamweaver and slices from Photoshop - Adobe Dreamweaver & Contribute

Hello everyone, thank you in advance for all your help !! The problem is this: I create the background for my website using photoshop, I make slices for all the rollovers buttons I want and I save it in an html format. When I make my tables, I insert the pictures in their order, the proper sized cells (I type in the size myself) and I make the border of the table invisible... but when I preview it to see how it would really look, there's spaces between each cell and not just 1 pixel worth, but a lot more... ...

  1. #1

    Default Dreamweaver and slices from Photoshop

    Hello everyone, thank you in advance for all your help !!

    The problem is this:

    I create the background for my website using photoshop, I make slices for all the rollovers buttons I want and I save it in an html format.
    When I make my tables, I insert the pictures in their order, the proper sized cells (I type in the size myself) and I make the border of the table invisible... but when I preview it to see how it would really look, there's spaces between each cell and not just 1 pixel worth, but a lot more...

    I also tried inserting my photoshop pic by itself and then adding a table in it (I delete a slice and add the table by itself), but once the table gets out of the bounderies of the original pic, it distorts the rest of it.

    I know I'm missing something and I greatly appreciate anyone who can point me in the right direction.

    Have a good day !

    sergew webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Dreamweaver and slices from Photoshop

    In Photoshop just do a "save for web" and choose HTML and Images, then open Dreamweaver and select the .html file and it will be all set up for you, you never have to deal with making tables and you will never have the break in them.

    Dean

    deani webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    tnx i have the same problem but after i place html file in dreamweaver yes i get it all but how can i modify it like type over part of a slice, and how do you add that table i can't even move it arond the working area. I am srr i but i know photoshop better than dreamw so i am not that good
    tnx for help.

    goldstar133 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    Hi,
    (Realname, please)

    x-copy the content for the table, insert a table and it's setting, and
    then paste the content at the right place. That is what you try to do?
    Hope it helps.

    Sincerely
    Fred Rathke

    Fred Rathke Guest

  5. #5

    Ok, here is my layout...
    I have a top bar and a side bar, both are separated into slices for the rollover buttons.
    I save it as an html from photoshop and open it in DW.
    Everything is nice and clean, but when I want to type something in the blank area of the photoshop html (there are borders around it), that goes past the borders... the side bar gets all spaced out and weird....

    Thanks for your help !

    sergew webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:40:23 +0000 (UTC), "sergew"
    [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >I save it as an html from photoshop and open it in DW.
    Did you read my reply?

    Gary
    Gary White Guest