Professional Web Applications Themes

Dreamweaver Fatal Exception - on page save - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I am regularly having Dreamweaver MX 6.1 crash on me when I go to save a page. This consistently happens when saving a new page, but also occassionally when saving an updated existing page. After restarting DW, the page seems to have been successfully saved both locally and on the remote server. I manage, but not a very productive way to operate. When the crash occurs, I get the message box "Dreamweaver Fatal Exception, Dreamweaver encountered a fatal exception. Dreamweaver will now terminate." When I click OK, a message box with no content other than an OK button pops up. ...

  1. #1

    Default Dreamweaver Fatal Exception - on page save

    I am regularly having Dreamweaver MX 6.1 crash on me when I go to save a
    page. This consistently happens when saving a new page, but also
    occassionally when saving an updated existing page. After restarting DW,
    the page seems to have been successfully saved both locally and on the
    remote server. I manage, but not a very productive way to operate.

    When the crash occurs, I get the message box "Dreamweaver Fatal Exception,
    Dreamweaver encountered a fatal exception. Dreamweaver will now terminate."
    When I click OK, a message box with no content other than an OK button pops
    up. When I click this OK, DW shuts down.

    The site is PHP/MySQL based, though there is no PHP script on the pages
    causing the crash.

    The crash occurs with pages created from a template as well as from very
    basic non-template based pages.

    The remote site is connected by FTP at 192.168.1.20 on port 2122. In the
    site configuration, there was not an obvious way to specify the port number.
    I opened the Firewall Settings box and set it there, without checking the
    Use Firewall box on the Advanced/Remote Info form. That seemed to work.
    (In evaluating Contribute2, I have found that the port can be specified as
    192.168.1.20:2122. I went back to try that in DW, but now find that it will
    not let me unset the Firewall port setting. If I clear the Firewall port
    setting text box and click OK, it says "Please enter an integer.")

    This is on a Dell Windows 2000 SP4 800 MHz 500 MB machine.

    I am running DW v6.1 that was just recently installed. I also have the
    trial version of Contribute2 installed.

    Walt Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Dreamweaver Fatal Exception - on page save

    Walt:

    Is your local site local to the CPU running DMX or is it on a network shared
    drive? Have you tried rebuilding the Site Cache using SITE | Recreate Site
    Cache...?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Walt" <com> wrote in message
    terminate."
    pops
    number.
    will

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    The local site is on the same computer as DMX, not a network share.

    I'll check the Recreate Site Cache, but I assume this only helps if using a
    network share??

    Walt

    "Murray *TMM*" <com> wrote in message
    shared
    Site

    Walt Guest

  4. #4

    Walt:

    No - it can help locally too.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Walt" <com> wrote in message

    > shared
    > Site
    >
    >[/ref]

    Murray Guest

  5. #5

    I have been having the same issue working on a local site using only HTML. Nothing fancy. I get teh fatal exception whenever I close a doent. It's driving me nuts!
    I am on an AMD1800/XPpro/1gigRam... Installed latest XP and MAcromedia patches.
    What the heck is up with this!? This isn't $15 sharware, people. I have read through many posts on different boards about this problem. There is nothing on Macromedia's support site about it. Help? Please?
    Thanks-
    Rob

    xanteen Guest

  6. #6

    xan:

    Does this happen on every site or just one site? If just one site, have you
    tried rebuilding your site's cache (SITE | Recreate Site Cache....)?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575

    "xanteen" <com> wrote in message
    Nothing fancy. I get teh fatal exception whenever I close a doent. It's
    driving me nuts!
    patches.