Professional Web Applications Themes

Dreamweaver locks up for several seconds - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver MX is locking up for several seconds at a time - maybe up to a minute, quite often. It's when I do very simple tasks like after a file is opened, if I copy even just one word to paste somewhere else, etc. It's acting like it doesn't have enough memory, but I have 1 gb RAM. I'm on Windows XP, and updating the service packs didn't help or change this. Windows Task Manager shows CPU usage popping up to 100% and just sitting there for a while. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Thank you...

  1. #1

    Default Dreamweaver locks up for several seconds

    kimmarla webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Dreamweaver locks up for several seconds

    "kimmarla" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Dreamweaver MX is locking up for several seconds at a time - maybe up to a
    minute, quite often. It's when I do very simple tasks like after a file is
    opened, if I copy even just one word to paste somewhere else, etc.

    > It's acting like it doesn't have enough memory, but I have 1 gb RAM. I'm
    on Windows XP, and updating the service packs didn't help or change this.
    Windows Task Manager shows CPU usage popping up to 100% and just sitting
    there for a while.

    > Does anyone know what the problem could be?
    >
    > Thank you

    Perhaps your hard disk needs a defrag? I get similar problems occasionally,
    but a defrag stops them for a while.

    Regards,

    Pete.

    Peter Connolly Guest

  3. #3

    You aren't alone. This and other memory related issues is a problem with DMX
    on some computers.
    I just take a sip of water when DMX is "thinking" for those long periods of
    time. Must be why I have to use the restroom many times during the day!

    Keep your fingers crossed that it will get fixed in next version.

    Tanks,
    [url]www.wwiivehicles.com[/url] World War II Vehicles

    "kimmarla" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Dreamweaver MX is locking up for several seconds at a time - maybe up to a
    minute, quite often. It's when I do very simple tasks like after a file is
    opened, if I copy even just one word to paste somewhere else, etc.

    > It's acting like it doesn't have enough memory, but I have 1 gb RAM. I'm
    on Windows XP, and updating the service packs didn't help or change this.
    Windows Task Manager shows CPU usage popping up to 100% and just sitting
    there for a while.

    > Does anyone know what the problem could be?
    >
    > Thank you

    cary Guest

  4. #4

    One of the suggestions made in the past has been to disable real time virus
    checking of the folders that DMX is saved into as it use a lot of javascript
    in its operations.

    --
    Regards

    Paul Whitham
    Valleybiz Internet Design
    [url]www.valleybiz.net[/url]

    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Ultradev/Dreamweaver MX
    [url]www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia[/url]
    "cary" <nonenone.com> wrote in message
    > You aren't alone. This and other memory related issues is a problem with
    DMX
    > on some computers.
    > I just take a sip of water when DMX is "thinking" for those long periods
    of
    > time. Must be why I have to use the restroom many times during the day!
    >
    > Keep your fingers crossed that it will get fixed in next version.
    >
    > Tanks,
    > [url]www.wwiivehicles.com[/url] World War II Vehicles
    >

    > "kimmarla" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > Dreamweaver MX is locking up for several seconds at a time - maybe up to
    > minute, quite often. It's when I do very simple tasks like after a file is
    > opened, if I copy even just one word to paste somewhere else, etc.
    > >
    > > It's acting like it doesn't have enough memory, but I have 1 gb RAM. I'm
    > on Windows XP, and updating the service packs didn't help or change this.
    > Windows Task Manager shows CPU usage popping up to 100% and just sitting
    > there for a while.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know what the problem could be?
    > >
    > > Thank you

    Paul Whitham TMM Guest

  5. #5

    Laugh... yeah I'm going to trust tons of Javascript without having Virus
    Checking going... not in this lifetime!

    "Paul Whitham TMM" <paulvalleybiz.net> wrote in message
    > One of the suggestions made in the past has been to disable real time
    virus
    > checking of the folders that DMX is saved into as it use a lot of
    javascript
    > in its operations.
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > Paul Whitham
    > Valleybiz Internet Design
    > [url]www.valleybiz.net[/url]
    >
    > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Ultradev/Dreamweaver MX
    > [url]www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia[/url]
    > "cary" <nonenone.com> wrote in message
    > > You aren't alone. This and other memory related issues is a problem with
    > DMX
    > > on some computers.
    > > I just take a sip of water when DMX is "thinking" for those long periods
    > of
    > > time. Must be why I have to use the restroom many times during the day!
    > >
    > > Keep your fingers crossed that it will get fixed in next version.
    > >
    > > Tanks,
    > > [url]www.wwiivehicles.com[/url] World War II Vehicles
    > >

    > > "kimmarla" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > > Dreamweaver MX is locking up for several seconds at a time - maybe up
    > > minute, quite often. It's when I do very simple tasks like after a file
    is
    > > opened, if I copy even just one word to paste somewhere else, etc.
    > > >
    > > > It's acting like it doesn't have enough memory, but I have 1 gb RAM.
    I'm
    > > on Windows XP, and updating the service packs didn't help or change
    this.
    > > Windows Task Manager shows CPU usage popping up to 100% and just sitting
    > > there for a while.
    > > >
    > > > Does anyone know what the problem could be?
    > > >
    > > > Thank you

    cary Guest

  6. #6

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:45:51 -0700, "cary" <com> wrote:

    It would appear that you have a misunderstanding about what JavaScript
    can and cannot do.

    Gary
    Gary Guest

  7. #7

    Even though it was very scary, I tried turning off virus protection on my websites folder. Unfortunately, it didn't help. But thanks for the suggestion - it was a good shot, and the first idea anyone's come up with!

    kimmarla Guest

  8. #8

    Thanks, Gary - No, I'm not on a network. The only other thing that task manager shows is "system" at approx 50%, and dreamweaver the other 50% or so.

    kimmarla Guest

  9. #9

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:21:27 +0000 (UTC), "kimmarla"
    com wrote:

    Hmmm... strange that "System" would be using that much unless there's
    something else going on. I just tried creating a new doent, copying
    and pasting some text and System never rose above 2%.

    Gary
    Gary Guest