Professional Web Applications Themes

Dreamweaver MX Crashing after 6.1 Update - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Mark: What happens if you recreate the site cache? SITE | Recreate Cache.... Also, are your 'local' files actually on a network shared drive? Are you working in a multiple developer environment? -- Murray --- ICQ 71997575 Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!) ================== [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO GET ANSWERS ================== [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage! [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes ================== "Mark Colebank" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message news:beh6dc$e28$1forums.macromedia.com... > After I installed the ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Dreamweaver MX Crashing after 6.1 Update

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Mark Colebank" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > After I installed the 6.1, I began to get errors and the program would
    crash when I would try to delete files in the Site Window.

    > This is the error I get:
    >
    > While executing DWSiteFileMenuPopup_Clear command in menus.xml, the
    following Javascript error(s) occurred:

    > exception throw in native function
    >

    > Has anyone else run into this? Is there a way to fix it without
    reinstalling the whole program?

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  2. #2

    Refreshing the Site Cache worked. Thanks.

    I thought the site cache automatically refreshed any time you made a change.

    Mark Colebank webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Mark:

    Not necessarily. Are you storing local files on a network shared drive?
    Are you collaborating with anyone on the site?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > Refreshing the Site Cache worked. Thanks.
    >
    > I thought the site cache automatically refreshed any time you made a
    change.

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  4. #4

    I have local files on my hard drive for the local view. The site files are shared by remote view on a server with Visual SourceSafe. I am collaborating on most of our projects with other developers.

    Mark Colebank webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    Mark:

    Do each of you collaborate on the same site? Do each of you operate
    exclusively from your local sites, and only upload to the server when you
    have completed your work?

    I see this site cache corruption happen frequently to others, and I am
    trying to nail down the environment within which is happens. I have never
    had it happen to me in the entire time I have used DW.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

  6. #6

    Several developerers usually colaborate on a site. Each person works locally then uploads pages to the server as they complete them. We use the file check in/check out to make sure we aren't over writing someone elses work.

    Could it be an issue with Visual SourceSafe? Come to think of it, we started using VSS 6.0 in the last two months because of the versioning features. And its only been the last month or so that I've noticed these problems. I thought it was a bug in the 6.1 Update.

    Have you ever used SourceSafe?

    Mark Colebank webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  7. #7

    Mark:

    I have not used VSS, so I cannot speak to any issues there. Sorry.

    Given the scenario you have described, I cannot see any good reason for your
    local site to become corrupted. Does this happen to all collaborators, or
    only a few?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

  8. #8

    Mark:

    It was only in this thread that I began to suspect that others with Site
    Cache corruption issues were operating in the same environment as you, so I
    cannot say that they are also using VSS. Sorry....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575

    > Only one of the other developers uses Dreamweaver (the others use Visual
    Studio) and he has had the same problem.

    > I think this is a SourceSafe integration issue now.
    >
    > You said that this was a problem that you had run into before. Are the
    other people who have ahd this site cache corruption issues SourceSafe
    users?

    Murray *TMM* Guest