Professional Web Applications Themes

Dreamweaver MX crashing way too often - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I have been using Dreamweaver MX since it was released, and I have had crashing problems since the start. I installed the 6.1 update and it fixed some, but not all. Dreamweaver crashes a lot now when I am trying to cut and paste items. For instance here is one I just got: "While executing DWContext_HTML_Cut enabled in menus.xml, the following Javascript error(s) occurred: exception throw in native function At the line 58 of file "ignore": <cfif homeNav eq 0> null" Now, the file I was editing was named "dsp_personalGallery.cfm"; nothing with "ignore" in it. This is just one of ...

  1. #1

    Default Dreamweaver MX crashing way too often

    I have been using Dreamweaver MX since it was released, and I have had crashing problems since the start. I installed the 6.1 update and it fixed some, but not all.

    Dreamweaver crashes a lot now when I am trying to cut and paste items. For instance here is one I just got:

    "While executing DWContext_HTML_Cut enabled in menus.xml, the following Javascript error(s) occurred:

    exception throw in native function

    At the line 58 of file "ignore":
    <cfif homeNav eq 0>

    null"

    Now, the file I was editing was named "dsp_personalGallery.cfm"; nothing with "ignore" in it. This is just one of MANY MANY MANY crashes DWMX is giving me on a daily basis. It often crashes as soon as I open a file, when I try to save, cut, or paste. It's always the same "fatal exception" error and then another blank alert box that just has an OK button.

    Here's what I am running:
    Windows 2000 on a 1ghz processor with 1gb ram

    No antivirus running

    No firewall

    Other programs: Winamp,MSN messenger,AIM,MS SQL Enterprise Manager,Internet Explorer,AtomTime Pro,GoToMyPC Server ( despite all the large apps, the memory usage is very low. I certainly have PLENTY of memory )

    DWMX version is 6.1.1842.0

    Extensions installed: WebAssist.com Paypal (this is recent, it has been crashing since way before I put that in)

    The sites I am working on are on a local network server, using a shared drive

    This only happens on certain files, they have NO pattern to them (not same size, type of code, etc) and my code is formatted perfect in every file - no syntax errors, its even indented properly.

    Recreating site cache does nothing to help. In fact, having cache on sometimes makes it worse.

    Frankly, I am appalled that Macromedia has not released another "dot" revision to DWMX seeing as there are tons of people experiencing the same problems as me. I hold Macromedia in the highest regard for their software - my company uses Cold Fusion for 95% of our development - but the MX releases of Dreamweaver and Cold Fusion have been nothing but problems for us, although we are excited to try out the 6.1 update for Cold Fusion.

    Thank you in advance for any help,

    Joe Potenza
    BigBuzz Web Design
    com

    bigjoepo Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Dreamweaver MX crashing way too often

    Big:

    Here is what is usually the cause of this problem -

    drive

    Do you have the same crashes if the files are local to the CPU running the
    app?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "bigjoepo" <com> wrote in message
    crashing problems since the start. I installed the 6.1 update and it fixed
    some, but not all.
    For instance here is one I just got:
    Javascript error(s) occurred:
    with "ignore" in it. This is just one of MANY MANY MANY crashes DWMX is
    giving me on a daily basis. It often crashes as soon as I open a file, when
    I try to save, cut, or paste. It's always the same "fatal exception" error
    and then another blank alert box that just has an OK button.
    Manager,Internet Explorer,AtomTime Pro,GoToMyPC Server ( despite all the
    large apps, the memory usage is very low. I certainly have PLENTY of
    memory )
    crashing since way before I put that in)
    drive
    size, type of code, etc) and my code is formatted perfect in every file - no
    syntax errors, its even indented properly.
    sometimes makes it worse.
    revision to DWMX seeing as there are tons of people experiencing the same
    problems as me. I hold Macromedia in the highest regard for their
    software - my company uses Cold Fusion for 95% of our development - but the
    MX releases of Dreamweaver and Cold Fusion have been nothing but problems
    for us, although we are excited to try out the 6.1 update for Cold Fusion.

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    Joe, there is a help doent that recommends uninstalling DWMX and re-sintalling it in safe mode. To do this you have to copy the installation files from the cd rom to a folder on the desktop as the cd rom drive will not be available.

    I have had no crashes since doing this, but time will tell I guess.

    Simon

    SimonESC Guest