Professional Web Applications Themes

Dreamweaver MX CSS - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Yes. Please read: [url]http://www.thepattysite.com/linkstyles1.cfm[/url] -- -- DiMa -------------------- WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your posts: [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] For Answers, check here first: [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url] [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url] [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url] [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url] DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url] "Mike" <mikesinbox.freeisp.co.uk> wrote in message news:bepr0a$b7m$1forums.macromedia.com... > Hi everyone > > I'd like to know if it's possible to have more than one .hover link. I want > to create a screen that has .hover links of about 40pixels size, which > obviously can be done, but I also want a credit link that is no more than ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Dreamweaver MX CSS

    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    For Answers, check here first:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]

    "Mike" <mikesinbox.freeisp.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone
    >
    > I'd like to know if it's possible to have more than one .hover link. I want
    > to create a screen that has .hover links of about 40pixels size, which
    > obviously can be done, but I also want a credit link that is no more than
    > 12pix. I find that even though I can set the text in CSS to a nice size,
    > when rolling over, I get a massive text display from the one and only .hover
    > at 40pix.
    >
    > Is there any why around this?? I am using DW MX on IE6 SP1.
    >
    > A greatful thanks to anyone who can help me here....
    >
    > Mike

    DiMa Guest

  2. #2

    "Mike" <mikesinbox.freeisp.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone
    >
    > I'd like to know if it's possible to have more than one .hover link. I
    want
    > to create a screen that has .hover links of about 40pixels size, which
    > obviously can be done, but I also want a credit link that is no more than
    > 12pix. I find that even though I can set the text in CSS to a nice size,
    > when rolling over, I get a massive text display from the one and only
    ..hover
    > at 40pix.
    From our "Quick Tut":

    Using CSS to style hyperlinks is pretty straightforward, whether you use
    Dreamweaver to create your styles, or even if you do them maually. If you're
    new to CSS and need to learn the basics of creating a style sheet in
    Dreamweaver, please see the following tutorials:
    Apprentice Series Intro to CSS in MX
    PVII Link Styles Turorial
    CSS Link Style rules must be written in the following order:
    Link
    Visited
    Hover
    Active
    The following style sheet will make 2 distinct link styles that can be used
    in 2 distinct parts of your page:
    Area 1
    Red text with no underline. Visited turns black. Hover turns Blue and does
    have an underline. Active is red with no underline.
    ..area1 a:link {
    color: #FF0000;
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    ..area1 a:visited {
    color: #000000;
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    ..area1 a:hover {
    color: #0000CC;
    text-decoration: underline;
    }
    ..area1 a:active {
    color: #FF0000;
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    To deploy this rule, you apply the class area1 to a containing element, like
    a table cell or a paragraph:
    All links within paragraphs or table cells having the "area1" class, will
    use the styles declared in the "area1" rules above.
    Area 2
    Blue text. Visited turns red. Hover turns gray with a black background and
    has no underline. Active is black and underlined.
    ..area2 a:link {
    color:#0000C0;
    text-decoration: underline;
    }
    ..area2 a:visited {
    color: #FF0000;
    text-decoration: underline;
    }
    ..area2 a:hover {
    color: #CCCCCC;
    background-color: #000000;
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    ..area2 a:active {
    color: #000000;
    text-decoration: underline;
    }
    To deploy this rule, you apply the class area2 to a containing element, like
    a table cell or a paragraph:
    All links within paragraphs or table cells having the "area2" class, will
    use the styles declared in the "area2" rules above.
    What about font?
    It's best to have your link styles inherit the font used in its parent
    container. If you are setting link styles for all links that appear in a
    table cell to which you've applied the "Area1" class, for example, you
    should allow the links to have the same font characteristics of all the text
    in that cell. A single rule accomplishes that:
    ..area1 {
    font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica;
    font-size: 12px;
    }
    What if I want just one link in my Area2 table cell to have a different
    style?
    Easy! We need to create a rule that we can apply to the link tag <a>
    directly, which will take precedence over your other styles.
    a.special:link {
    color: #FF0000;
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    a.special:visited {
    color: #000000;
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    a.special:hover {
    color: #0000CC;
    text-decoration: underline;
    }
    a.special:active {
    color: #FF0000;
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    To deploy this class, you apply it to the <a> tag, like this:

    That's all there is to it.

    --
    Al Sparber - PVII
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com[/url]

    Al Sparber- PVII Guest

  3. #3

    Very nicely done and explained, Al.
    Bob

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:05:11 -0400, "Al Sparber- PVII"
    <thisaddressactuallyworks.com> wrote:

> [...]
    different
    >style?
    >Easy! We need to create a rule that we can apply to the link tag <a>
    >directly, which will take precedence over your other styles.
    >a.special:link {
    > color: #FF0000;
    > text-decoration: none;
    > }
    >a.special:visited {
    > color: #000000;
    > text-decoration: none;
    > }
    >a.special:hover {
    > color: #0000CC;
    > text-decoration: underline;
    > }
    >a.special:active {
    > color: #FF0000;
    > text-decoration: none;
    > }
    >To deploy this class, you apply it to the <a> tag, like this:

    CompuGenie Guest