Professional Web Applications Themes

Dreamweaver mx template wont update pages. - Macromedia Dreamweaver

So i have a website and its all made in dreamweaver but everytime i update the template it wont update the rest of the pages. I have defined a site and it recognizes the files but it wont update them. Does anyone know what i can do. I can upload a picture of what is shown to me when i try and update if neccesary. Thanks for the help...

  1. #1

    Default Dreamweaver mx template wont update pages.

    thebigx webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Dreamweaver mx template wont update pages.

    This might seem like a really simple question... are you sure your pages attached to the template? Are you editing the template in a defined editable region? if so, the changes won't take place. Only changes in the non-editable regions will take place throughout the attached child doents.
    A screen shot or more information might be helpful.

    tif25 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    My suggestion is to start using ssi instead of templates. Then you only have to change one page one time and upload one page one time. It it much easier.

    Good Luck.
    &)

    dan the guy Guest

  4. #4

    Yes the pages are attached to the site but i am editing an editable region.

    I am updateing my navigation bar perhaps and would like to add a new link. Perhaps i should remove the editable region from all sites.

    Or is there another way to update all pages at once?

    If i remove the editable region will all pages update?

    Thank your for your help thus far.

    What is ssi?

    thebigx webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    Editable regions are editable within the child doents and therefore will not be effected by changes made in the template. If you edit a non-editable region, that change will take place on all the child doents. Basically, all the areas you have to define and can touch on the child doents will not change if you edit the same area on the template.
    I would suggest that if the navigation is not going to change on every page, make that a non-editable area. Therefoer you can add more nav and change links on the fly without worrying about consistency.
    I hope that helped.

    tif25 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    thanks for the help!

    My site is [url]www.tbxr.com[/url] by the way

    thebigx webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  7. #7

    Well, something else that I found out too is not to make the entire page an
    editable region. Anything in an editable region WILL NOT be updated when you
    make a change to the parent template. This is a lesson I won't forget
    anytime soon.

    "tif25" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > This might seem like a really simple question... are you sure your pages
    attached to the template? Are you editing the template in a defined editable
    region? if so, the changes won't take place. Only changes in the
    non-editable regions will take place throughout the attached child
    doents.
    > A screen shot or more information might be helpful.

    nospam Guest