Professional Web Applications Themes

Drop down menu and making it dynamic - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Hi All, I have created a Popup menu using Dreamweaver through behaviours. The issue is the menu is bit lengther and when the menu is displayed over a list box, the layer goes behind the list box, where the text in the menu is partial. Do we have to do something with the Z index or is there anyother mehtod of doing it ? How do we resolve this. My second question is can we make the menu dynamic ? that means where certain users are not allowed to see some items in the menu. How do we do that ...

  1. #1

    Default Drop down menu and making it dynamic

    Hi All,

    I have created a Popup menu using Dreamweaver through behaviours. The issue is
    the menu is bit lengther and when the menu is displayed over a list box, the
    layer goes behind the list box, where the text in the menu is partial. Do we
    have to do something with the Z index or is there anyother mehtod of doing it ?
    How do we resolve this.

    My second question is can we make the menu dynamic ? that means where certain
    users are not allowed to see some items in the menu. How do we do that ?

    I have attached a zip file which consists of the HTML file and the js file.

    Thanks and looking forward to hear the answer.

    Murali

    murz Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Drop down menu and making it dynamic

    You are in deep now - is it too late to reverse all of this?

    Read this link carefully -

    [url]http://apptools.com/rants/jsmenu.php[/url]

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "murz" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have created a Popup menu using Dreamweaver through behaviours. The
    issue is
    > the menu is bit lengther and when the menu is displayed over a list box,
    the
    > layer goes behind the list box, where the text in the menu is partial. Do
    we
    > have to do something with the Z index or is there anyother mehtod of doing
    it ?
    > How do we resolve this.
    >
    > My second question is can we make the menu dynamic ? that means where
    certain
    > users are not allowed to see some items in the menu. How do we do that ?
    >
    > I have attached a zip file which consists of the HTML file and the js
    file.

    > Thanks and looking forward to hear the answer.
    >
    > Murali

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Murray,

    Thanks for ur response. You still say there is no solution when you do things
    at Dreamweaver ? can you suggest me some sites where I can pick the code for my
    requirements.

    Thanks,
    Murz

    murz Guest

  4. #4

    Learn the methods taught here, and you'll be way ahead -

    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/navigation/snapmenus/index.htm[/url]

    or

    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/navigation/auto_hide/index.htm[/url]

    and here's an example you can yze -

    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/autolayers/[/url]

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > Hi Murray,
    >
    > Thanks for ur response. You still say there is no solution when you do
    things
    > at Dreamweaver ? can you suggest me some sites where I can pick the code
    for my
    > requirements.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Murz

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  5. #5

    I'm still having the List box coming front , inspite of following the project seven tutorial. Any more suggestions ?

    Thanks,
    Murz
    murz Guest

  6. #6

    try forums.projectseven.com if you have a newsreader or go to:

    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/support/index.htm[/url]

    Get help direct from the authors.

    > I'm still having the List box coming front , inspite of following the
    project seven tutorial. Any more suggestions ?

    > Thanks,
    > Murz

    Durwood Edwards Guest

  7. #7

    Any layer will go behind a listbox. It's as if the listbox has a z-index
    of plus infinity. You could hide the listbox by setting disply:none
    whenever the user opens a layer, but then your page simply looks silly
    and the user will think he broke it *sigh*.

    Anyway, for more info on this issue read this:
    [url]http://www.webreference.com/programming/javascript/form/[/url]

    murz wrote:
    > I'm still having the List box coming front , inspite of following the project seven tutorial. Any more suggestions ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Murz
    Cion Guest