Professional Web Applications Themes

Drop Downs and Embed tag - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

We created menus using DreamWeaver, when we put a embeded tag on the page the drop down menu go behind the embeded object. Is there anyway to fix this? Ken Roach...

  1. #1

    Default Drop Downs and Embed tag

    We created menus using DreamWeaver, when we put a embeded tag on the page the drop down menu go behind the embeded object. Is there anyway to fix this?

    Ken Roach
    roach62 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Drop Downs and Embed tag

    All Active content on a page will always rise to the top, so to speak,
    including Flash, certain form elements, Java applets, and Active X controls.
    This means that each of these will poke through layers. There is not a good
    cross-browser/platform reliable way to solve this issue, but if you can be
    confident in your visitors using IE 5+ or NN6+, then you can use the Flash
    wmode parameter (however, Safari does not support this properly!).

    Adobe articles:
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15523[/url]
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14201[/url]
    > We created menus using DreamWeaver
    Pop-ups? Read this -

    [url]http://www.losingfight.com/blog/2006/08/11/the-sordid-tale-of-mm_menufw_menujs/[/url]

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "roach62" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > We created menus using DreamWeaver, when we put a embeded tag on the page
    > the drop down menu go behind the embeded object. Is there anyway to fix
    > this?
    >
    > Ken Roach

    Murray *ACE* Guest

  3. #3

    Murray *ACE* wrote:
    > All Active content on a page will always rise to the top, so to speak,
    > including Flash, certain form elements, Java applets, and Active X controls.
    > This means that each of these will poke through layers. There is not a good
    > cross-browser/platform reliable way to solve this issue, but if you can be
    > confident in your visitors using IE 5+ or NN6+, then you can use the Flash
    > wmode parameter (however, Safari does not support this properly!).
    Safari already support that feature, the same as FF in Mac
    > Adobe articles:
    > [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15523[/url]
    > [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14201[/url]
    >
    >> We created menus using DreamWeaver
    >
    > Pop-ups? Read this -
    >
    > [url]http://www.losingfight.com/blog/2006/08/11/the-sordid-tale-of-mm_menufw_menujs/[/url]
    Jesus Christ, i need a break! people here thinks i'm crazy seeing me
    laugh. thanks for the link!

    John Doe Guest

  4. #4

    > Safari already support that feature, the same as FF in Mac

    Nope. At least not Safari 2.0.4 - at least it doesn't support it properly.
    > Jesus Christ, i need a break! people here thinks i'm crazy seeing me
    > laugh. thanks for the link!
    To think that those menus have been allowed to remain in DW for 4 product
    release cycles staggers me....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "John Doe" <dummydummy.com> wrote in message
    > Murray *ACE* wrote:
    >> All Active content on a page will always rise to the top, so to speak,
    >> including Flash, certain form elements, Java applets, and Active X
    >> controls.
    >> This means that each of these will poke through layers. There is not a
    >> good
    >> cross-browser/platform reliable way to solve this issue, but if you can
    >> be
    >> confident in your visitors using IE 5+ or NN6+, then you can use the
    >> Flash
    >> wmode parameter (however, Safari does not support this properly!).
    >
    > Safari already support that feature, the same as FF in Mac
    >
    >> Adobe articles:
    >> [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15523[/url]
    >> [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14201[/url]
    >>
    >>> We created menus using DreamWeaver
    >>
    >> Pop-ups? Read this -
    >>
    >> [url]http://www.losingfight.com/blog/2006/08/11/the-sordid-tale-of-mm_menufw_menujs/[/url]
    >
    > Jesus Christ, i need a break! people here thinks i'm crazy seeing me
    > laugh. thanks for the link!

    Murray *ACE* Guest

  5. #5

    Murray *ACE* wrote:
    >> Safari already support that feature, the same as FF in Mac
    >
    > Nope. At least not Safari 2.0.4 - at least it doesn't support it properly.
    works fine for me: OSX 10.4.8, Safari ver 2.0.4 (419.3), Player 9
    John Doe Guest

  6. #6

    The problem will be seen when you have a drop-down appear over the Flash -
    is that how you are testing? Can you show me?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

  7. #7

    Murray *ACE* wrote:
    > The problem will be seen when you have a drop-down appear over the Flash -
    > is that how you are testing? Can you show me?
    not exactly, i've used in other scenarios. by a drop-down do you mean a
    CSS/JS menu?
    John Doe Guest

  8. #8

    Yes. That's where you see the Safari implementation of wmode fail.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    > Murray *ACE* wrote:
    >> The problem will be seen when you have a drop-down appear over the
    >> Flash - is that how you are testing? Can you show me?
    >
    > not exactly, i've used in other scenarios. by a drop-down do you mean a
    > CSS/JS menu?

    Murray *ACE* Guest