Hi,

I have a dropdownlist that contains should contain several values from the
database, I fill it up in de page_load() with this code (at the end of the
message)

The code also adds a standard value, 'Selecteer een type' that should be
added at the beginning of the list. The problem now is that when i start my
application only the value 'Selecteer uw type' is in the dropdownlist, but
the other values from the database should also be in it. How can i fix
this???

Thanks
Joris

---Code---
If Not Page.IsPostBack Then

InlezenConfig()

Dim strsqlDocType As String = "select distinct type from
TBL_Bestanden_Zoeken"

Dim da As New SqlClient.SqlDataAdapter(strsqlDocType, connectie)

Try

connectie.Open()

da.Fill(ds, "doctype")

ddlDocType.DataSource = ds.Tables("doctype")

ddlDocType.DataBind()

Catch ex As Exception

Finally

connectie.Close()

ddlDocType.Items.Insert(0, "Selecteer een type")

ddlDocType.SelectedIndex = 0

End Try

End If

lblZoeken.Visible = False