Professional Web Applications Themes

DTS package failed on sql server agent - Microsoft SQL / MS SQL Server

Hi, Yesterday afternoon I changed the service account to local system account for sql server agent, after that, one DTS package job which is used to track user login inf. failed, the error msg is " login failed for user NT authority/system", error number is 18456 which said user has no permission to login to the server. I tried several ways such as changing the windows authentication to sql server authentication using sa, and save the dts package to another user, but still failed. While my other jobs went ok, I don't know if there are special requirement for dts ...

  1. #1

    Default DTS package failed on sql server agent

    Hi,
    Yesterday afternoon I changed the service account to
    local system account for sql server agent, after that, one
    DTS package job which is used to track user login inf.
    failed, the error msg is " login failed for user NT
    authority/system", error number is 18456 which said user
    has no permission to login to the server. I tried
    several ways such as changing the windows authentication
    to sql server authentication using sa, and save the dts
    package to another user, but still failed.

    While my other jobs went ok, I don't know if there are
    special requirement for dts package, can anyone tell me
    how i can solve it?

    Thanks a lot

    Yanping

    yanping Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: DTS package failed on sql server agent

    Does the SQL Server system account belong to the domain? It may need to.

    "yanping" <yanping_wangappliedcard.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Yesterday afternoon I changed the service account to
    > local system account for sql server agent, after that, one
    > DTS package job which is used to track user login inf.
    > failed, the error msg is " login failed for user NT
    > authority/system", error number is 18456 which said user
    > has no permission to login to the server. I tried
    > several ways such as changing the windows authentication
    > to sql server authentication using sa, and save the dts
    > package to another user, but still failed.
    >
    > While my other jobs went ok, I don't know if there are
    > special requirement for dts package, can anyone tell me
    > how i can solve it?
    >
    > Thanks a lot
    >
    > Yanping

    London Developer Guest

  3. #3

    I suggest making the account belong to the domain.
    Judging by the error it's an NT security problem and seeing as you've just
    changed the account then I'd guess the new account permissions are wrong.

    > It didn't seem to belong to any domain.
    >
    > Any ways to make the DTS package running successful?

    London Developer Guest