Hi,

You need a boot manager, you can't use ntldr (the WinXP native bootloader)
as both need to "see" themselves as C (due to the way they were installed).
To avoid using a boot manager, you would need to reinstall whichever system
is on the secondary cable or is in the slave position, then do a recovery
with the WinXP CD and rebuild the bootcfg files.

Boot Managers:

BootIT NG [url]www.terabyteunlimited.com[/url]
Partition Magic [url]www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic[/url]
Partition Commander [url]http://www.v-com.com/product/pc_ind.html[/url]
Ranish Partition Manager [url]http://www.ranish.com/part/[/url]

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x
[url]http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/[/url]
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
[url]www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone[/url]
Win98 Help - [url]www.rickrogers.org[/url]