Professional Web Applications Themes

Dual mail delivery from scheduled task on dual-instanceCFMX7 Enterprise system - Coldfusion Server Administration

Hi all, first of all apologies in case this has been solved somewhere, but after a day of looking through forums and the web, I can not find anything that fits. We have a CFMX7 Enterprise running on a Windows 2003 Server (Web Edition) Box, 2 GB RAM, Intel Xeon 2.4 GHz ... A number of websites run in Instance1, a few others run in Instance2. This is to avoid one larger site causing troubles for the smaller sites in Instance2 when it goes about to query large tables and generate the emails. We have a few scheduled tasks which ...

  1. #1

    Default Dual mail delivery from scheduled task on dual-instanceCFMX7 Enterprise system

    Hi all, first of all apologies in case this has been solved somewhere, but
    after a day of looking through forums and the web, I can not find anything that
    fits.

    We have a CFMX7 Enterprise running on a Windows 2003 Server (Web Edition) Box,
    2 GB RAM, Intel Xeon 2.4 GHz ...

    A number of websites run in Instance1, a few others run in Instance2. This is
    to avoid one larger site causing troubles for the smaller sites in Instance2
    when it goes about to query large tables and generate the emails.

    We have a few scheduled tasks which get executed each hour, but manually
    triggering one schedule task will result in the same issue:

    In the scheduled task, a query selects the relevant email addresses and sends
    out the emails. The problem I have is, although the scheduled task is only
    listed in one of the instances when I check in the CF Administrator, the emails
    get send out twice, they also show up in "mailsent" logfiles on BOTH instances
    (I assume these are different logfiles...) - therefore I believe both instances
    work the scheduled task, resulting in double emails.

    Is there any possibility that this happens, I believe we did not experience
    double-emails with only one instance, and even got tripple email deliveries
    when we had three instances running for fun.

    ANY help on resolving this would be greatly appreciated - if you're in London,
    this buys you a drink if we bump into each other! :-)

    Thanks,
    Jonas

    imag_je Guest

  2. #2

    seems to be the several jrun.exe processes that cause it... I'm still none the wiser... I must be missing something obvious... :-/
    imag_je Guest

  3. #3

    imag_je wrote:

    > We have a CFMX7 Enterprise running on a Windows 2003 Server (Web Edition) Box,
    > 2 GB RAM, Intel Xeon 2.4 GHz ...
    >
    > A number of websites run in Instance1, a few others run in Instance2. This is
    > to avoid one larger site causing troubles for the smaller sites in Instance2
    > when it goes about to query large tables and generate the emails.
    >
    > We have a few scheduled tasks which get executed each hour, but manually
    > triggering one schedule task will result in the same issue:
    >
    > In the scheduled task, a query selects the relevant email addresses and sends
    > out the emails. The problem I have is, although the scheduled task is only
    > listed in one of the instances when I check in the CF Administrator, the emails
    > get send out twice, they also show up in "mailsent" logfiles on BOTH instances
    > (I assume these are different logfiles...)
    You assume that, or you have verified that?

    > therefore I believe both instances
    > work the scheduled task, resulting in double emails.
    You believe that, or you have verified that? (See the log of scheduled
    tasks for each instance.)

    Jochem

    --
    Jochem van Dieten