Automation Tools-->PDF Slideshow... and that lets you put multiple images in a PDF. You can then use Acrobat to print it, and it should let you print on both sides. [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => <2cce6150.4@webx.la2eafNXanI> [ref] => <2cce6150.-1@webx.la2eafNXanI> [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Lou_M@adobeforums.com [ip] => Lou_M@adobeforu [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 6 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Duplex (double sided) Printing - Adobe Photoshop Elements
Professional Web Applications Themes

Duplex (double sided) Printing - Adobe Photoshop Elements

My HP4600dn laser printer has the capability to print double-sided. It works from WORD, etc but not from Adobe Photoshop Elements. Do you have any suggestions/solution? Thanks Corrie...

Default Duplex (double sided) Printing

My HP4600dn laser printer has the capability to print double-sided. It works from WORD, etc but not from Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Do you have any suggestions/solution?

Thanks
    Corrie
    Corrie_van_Wyk@adobeforums.com Guest

Default Re: Duplex (double sided) Printing

As far as I know, all photographic paper for inkjet printers only has a printing surface on one side of the paper. So it doesn't seem to me that it would be of much advantage to have duplex printing available since Elements is used primarily for working with photographs.
    Jim_Hess@adobeforums.com Guest

Corrie, as far as I know there is -or has been- an Agfa paper for printing images that can be used on both sides; one side is matt, the other side is glossy.

Leen
    Leen_Koper@adobeforums.com Guest

Leen,

I did not know that. However, I reread the message and she has a laser printer. What are the implications for printing both sides on a laser printer? I haven't had any experience with that.

Jim
    Jim_Hess@adobeforums.com Guest

Corrie, as far as I know there is -or has been- an Agfa paper for printing images that can be used on both sides; one side is matt, the other side is glossy.

Leen
    Leen_Koper@adobeforums.com Guest

Well, I guess Leen has a general purpose answer to all questions. :-)

Corrie, I don't think Elements can print more than one page at a time. If you try to print more than one page at a time (that is, if your image is too big to fit on one page) it asks if you want to clip it or scale it.

Oh, wait. I just tried File-->Automation Tools-->PDF Slideshow... and that lets you put multiple images in a PDF. You can then use Acrobat to print it, and it should let you print on both sides.
    Lou_M@adobeforums.com Guest

Brochure paper is made glossy on both sides. However printing both sides
    or Duplex printing is a function of the printer and not the software program
    from which you are sending it.

If your printer is capable of double sided printing it will work from PSE.
    I do it all the time using both manual duplex and one printer I have also
    has Auto Duplex with an optional rear automatic feeder.

Should you ever try it; the glossy brochure paper often times has "ink
    bleed" and the printer usually needs set to plain paper (or medium) quality
    print so less ink is applied to the paper. I used to use the one minute
    pause between printing the second side but as little as 15 seconds is
    suficient... usually.

Pete

Pete_D@adobeforums.com Guest

Should clarify this. PSE cannot print different pages duplex. I believe you need a program with "linked" pages. I use Microsoft Publisher or sometimes MS Word.

Pete_D@adobeforums.com Guest

I use an HP 970cxi. My print dialog box has an "advanced" button that lets me set up to print double sided. If I remember right, I have to go print>preferences>advanced to get there. I don't know about your laser printer, though. I don't use that method, preferring to print one side, then re-insert the paper to print the second side.

Many paper manufacturers produce fine art watercolor papers for specialty printing as in printing things like Christmas cards; they have a resin coating on both sides of the paper so I can print on both sides. They cost quite a bit more than standard paper but look very good afterwards.

Hope this helps.
    Rick_Kynast@adobeforums.com Guest