Professional Web Applications Themes

Duplicate file Freehand and it's link - Macromedia Freehand

I need to make a clone of my work, for output in offset, in order to convert all linked image in CMYK manteining the original version in RGB. But when I duplicate the file made with FreeHand (in the finder - I use Mac) the duplicate remembers the original position of the image. Also "collect for output" remerbers the original position. Also renaming the original folder in which there are the original versions in RGB. So, how can I force FreeHand to search the image in another place so that i can use the CMYK version? The only way i ...

  1. #1

    Default Duplicate file Freehand and it's link

    I need to make a clone of my work, for output in offset, in order to convert
    all linked image in CMYK manteining the original version in RGB. But when I
    duplicate the file made with FreeHand (in the finder - I use Mac) the duplicate
    remembers the original position of the image. Also "collect for output"
    remerbers the original position. Also renaming the original folder in which
    there are the original versions in RGB.
    So, how can I force FreeHand to search the image in another place so that i
    can use the CMYK version? The only way i could think is to compress the
    original version but the operation is slow and needs to many hard disk free...

    Thanks to anyone...

    Davide Puppo Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Duplicate file Freehand and it's link

    What OS are you using?

    This is what I do on a Mac: I have a folder containing all linked RGB
    images called something like 'Imports (Positional)'. I duplicate it and
    convert all the images in the duplicate to CMYK (and do any resizing and
    sharpening that needs to be done for output), keeping the same file
    names and naming the folder 'Imports (Used)'. Then I go back into the
    RGB positionals folder and create a new folder within it. Droping the
    RGBs in there seems to hide them from Freehand*. Opening the FH file
    will bring up the missing link dialogue, where you can redirect FH to
    your 'Imports (Used)' folder, checking 'Search the current folder for
    missing links'.

    *I puzzled over how to hide images from FH for many years until I
    realised this simple step worked, when moving them all over the place
    didn't. I don't know whether it works with Windows, though.

    --

    Danny
    Danny Whitehead Guest

  3. #3

    Thank you very much!
    I use OSX and this method works well...
    It's a little bit complicated if you have 50 file to convert in CMYK...
    I hoped in something more simple but it's important only the final result.
    Now i'll make a try with bbedit... with a "Find & Replace"

    Davide Puppo Guest

  4. #4

    Davide Puppo wrote:
    > Thank you very much!
    > I use OSX and this method works well...
    > It's a little bit complicated if you have 50 file to convert in CMYK...
    > I hoped in something more simple but it's important only the final result.
    > Now i'll make a try with bbedit... with a "Find & Replace"

    Making a new folder within the folder containing the originals and
    dropping them in there isn't too complicated. Then you duplicate that
    whole folder, name it 'Imports (Used)' or something, and convert the
    duplicate images to CMYK with a Photoshop Droplet or Action.

    Not sure where BBEdit comes in.

    --

    Danny
    Danny Whitehead Guest

  5. #5

    No success with bbedit but i really didn't hope in it!

    You suggestion is the better way.
    Thank you very much for your time...
    :-)
    Davide