Professional Web Applications Themes

duplicate mail messages sent - Coldfusion Server Administration

We upgraded our Cold Fusion server to CF MX 7.1 last week. Since that time, a scheduled task that sends mail messages always sends the messages twice. Even if I attempt to execute the cold fusion page through the browser they still get them twice. The messages always have the same date and time stamp. The CF page reads an xml file that contains the logonids of the recipients. Then does a SQL query to get their email addresses based on logonid. Then does a cfmail to send out the message. Has anyone encountered duplicate mail messages when upgrade to ...

  1. #1

    Default duplicate mail messages sent

    We upgraded our Cold Fusion server to CF MX 7.1 last week. Since that time, a
    scheduled task that sends mail messages always sends the messages twice. Even
    if I attempt to execute the cold fusion page through the browser they still get
    them twice. The messages always have the same date and time stamp. The CF
    page reads an xml file that contains the logonids of the recipients. Then does
    a SQL query to get their email addresses based on logonid. Then does a cfmail
    to send out the message. Has anyone encountered duplicate mail messages when
    upgrade to MX 7.1? Any assistance appreciated. I'd like to eliminate the
    users getting the duplicates.

    cfol Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: duplicate mail messages sent

    I don't have a solution for you, but we're getting the same problem here. We
    have a simple info request form that saves user data and fires off an email to
    the helpdesk. But we always get 2 emails, no matter what we've tried.

    jmprattmba Guest

  3. #3

    We've been having the same problem for years with a simple form submission. This has been happening with CF5 and 6.1
    athanasiusrc Guest

  4. #4

    Ever since we went from 6.1 to 7.x, I have suspected that my sheduled tasks
    were firing twice at the same time. I tried different tests to confirm this,
    but never could prove it. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to delete all of my
    scheduled tasks and recreate them to see if that would help. Before I could
    get them re-entered, a couple of the deleted ones fired off on schedule.
    However, this time, it didn't act like it fired twice at the same time. I
    decided to leave the tasks deleted to see what happened. So far, two weeks
    later, and after several reboots (for unrelated reasons) the sheduled tasks are
    still running, even though they re not defined in the system. I have no idea
    how to get rid of these. Any ideas?

    kcmo710 Guest