Professional Web Applications Themes

duplicate not working in fh10 - Macromedia Freehand

Can anyone help me with the following? I am running freehand 8 for pc, but also have an educational version of freehand 10 for pc. I don't know whether the educational version is limited in some ways, but I suspect it must be, because I am having trouble getting it to do certain things: I can't get the duplicate function (either as a shortcut or as a menu item) to work, and I am having trouble creating tints for pantone colours. the duplicate function works perfectly in freehand 8, but the pantone tints also don't seem to be available. I ...

  1. #1

    Default duplicate not working in fh10

    Can anyone help me with the following?

    I am running freehand 8 for pc, but also have an educational version of
    freehand 10 for pc. I don't know whether the educational version is limited in
    some ways, but I suspect it must be, because I am having trouble getting it to
    do certain things: I can't get the duplicate function (either as a shortcut or
    as a menu item) to work, and I am having trouble creating tints for pantone
    colours.
    the duplicate function works perfectly in freehand 8, but the pantone tints
    also don't seem to be available. I thought that perhaps this was only a feature
    in the later versions of the program.

    kl2 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: duplicate not working in fh10

    kl2 wrote:

    The educational versions are fully functioning. The only difference lies in
    the licensing agreements.

    Check your customized keyboard shortcuts. You may have inadvertently changed
    it or assigned it to a different function. The keyboard shortcuts dialog is
    usually accessed through the File menu.

    Sometimes a shortcut used by a system extension or enhancer interferes with
    a FH shortcut.

    Put the Solid Pantone color in your color list. Open the Tints mixer. Select
    the desired Pantone color from the pop-up color list, select a tint
    percentage and drag the tint swatch it to the color swatches list.

    Is that the method you're using? Doesn't it work?

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Judy

    thanks for this.
    the pantone stuff is so easy I could kick myself...
    but I'm still struggling with the duplicate command.
    I had not been able to get it to work as a shortcut or a menu item.
    Now, for some reason, the menu item is working, but the shortcut still isn't.
    Went to shortcut options, like you suggetsted, tried changing it, but nothing
    happened.

    What do you mean about the system extension?

    karin

    kl2 Guest

  4. #4

    Karin,

    By system extension I mean things like screen savers, virus protection, font
    managers, etc.

    Check System preferences/Keyboard and Mouse/keyboard shortcuts. For example
    Cmd-Option-D is the Mac OS X system shortcut for Hide and Show Dock, so
    unless you disable it for controlling the Dock, you cannot use that shortcut
    in FH.

    Judy Arndt

    kl2 wrote:

    Judy Guest