Hi
I'm hoping someone might be able to help. I am using DWX 6.1 on a mac titanium powerbook.

1. What is your OS?
OS 10.2.6
2. What is your AntiVirus?
none
3. Is your AV doing realtime protection?
nope
4. What is your Firewall?
none
5. What other background programs are running?
none that I'm aware of
6. What extensions do you have installed?
all turned off
7. Where are your 'local' files? Are they on a network shared drive?
all on my local hard drive
8. Have you ever been able to run DMX or is this a recent failure?
a recent failure
9. Does this only seem to happen with certain files/sites?
I have only one site ...

I'm been using it happily for some time, altho I'm not using it anywhere to it's potential. I have one site, using one template, with lots of related files, images, etc. The template contains some rollover buttons created in DW, the graphics created in fireworks.
Here's the problem. It began when I tried making a change to a template, when then tried to update files using the template, and it then crashed, and it continues to repeat this behavior. The crash log gave me the following:

Date/Time: 2003-07-09 19:58:19 -0400
OS Version: 10.2.6 (Build 6L60)
Host: Kathys-TI-Book.local.

Command: Dreamweaver MX
PID: 453

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001) at 0x3a636860

So, I thought it might be a bad file, so I copied the files off the server back to the local directory (as I had recently updated the new files to the server.) Problem persisted. I ran the disk utility to fix permissions, no help. I turned the powerbook off to rest (me - not the computer) but this did nothing except relieve the headache building in my head.

So I reinstalled DW and updated it to 6.1. My problem and headache persisted.

So I then decided to toss out the pref file (unaware it contained the site definition) I rebooted, and voila - the site definition was gone. Now when I try to recreate the site definition by defining the site from the original files, then DW crashes upon filling in the site information and choosing to define the site. I'm lost. Don't know what to do. I read thru this site looking for info but found nothing to help.

I did back up my hard drive about a week ago. I'm not sure if recovering files and the pref file from the backup is a good idea or not, as I have made quite a few changes since then. These changes have all been uploaded to the server hosting the site. So I thought I would ask some of you experts for some advice.

Thanks ion advance.
Kathy