Professional Web Applications Themes

DW overwriting Contribute edits - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Has anyone had problems with DW not recognizing updates done by Contribute (C)? This is happening frequently for us, but not always. Sometimes DW correctly knows C has edited a page, and it gets the newer page from the server. Other times, not, and I end up editing an older page (local) and then uploading it over the newer C page on the server. Should I be manually doing a site synchronization every day? I thought DW does this on its own? Could this be related to incompatible versions of DW and C? I am using DW MX and C ...

  1. #1

    Default DW overwriting Contribute edits

    Has anyone had problems with DW not recognizing updates done by Contribute (C)?
    This is happening frequently for us, but not always. Sometimes DW correctly
    knows C has edited a page, and it gets the newer page from the server. Other
    times, not, and I end up editing an older page (local) and then uploading it
    over the newer C page on the server.

    Should I be manually doing a site synchronization every day? I thought DW does
    this on its own?

    Could this be related to incompatible versions of DW and C? I am using DW MX
    and C 3?

    Thanks for any help,

    Greg

    thgrug Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: DW overwriting Contribute edits

    Did you ever get an answer?
    eamclellan Guest

  3. #3

    Every single time I open DW to edit something, I hit the Sync button and use
    Get from Server, Entire Site. If you click your local file to edit, it will
    literally open the local file. When you upload, it will replace the Server
    version. You can double click the same file on the Server side of the File
    window, and it will open the page from the server, and in fact ask if you want
    to overwrite your local copy. This works as well.

    I do the complete sync, then proceed as usual.

    synterx Guest

  4. #4

    I have just started using DW and i dont know how to publish my changes. I am in
    contribute, then i choose to edit in external application, I make my changes in
    DW. I save, then what? Please help I am not A web design guy, I am A machinist
    that also does the tech work, so my boss is counting on me.

    raven102 Guest

  5. #5

    When you edit in Contribite using an external application, these are the steps:

    1. browse to the page in Contribute
    2. go to File, Actions, Edit page source in external application
    3. do not close Contribute
    4. make your edits in the chosen external application
    5. save the page/file in the external application
    6. return to Contribute and click Publish

    ThinkInk Guest