Professional Web Applications Themes

DW4. ftp error can not determine remote server time? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Maybe someone can help me solve a problem I am stumped and bewilder after a week++ of ing around.. still looks like I must xfer my website to another host again a 2nd time? I can Dreamweaver 4. FTP and log on quickly for any other website host I work on with no problems I recently moved my website to another host and the host says its not their fault or a problem on their side.. To me it appears a firewall or security problem on the host.. negoiates connecting between xfters.. They say other can log on use ws_ftp ...

  1. #1

    Default DW4. ftp error can not determine remote server time?

    Maybe someone can help me solve a problem I am stumped and bewilder after a week++ of ing around.. still looks like I must xfer my website to another host again a 2nd time?

    I can Dreamweaver 4. FTP and log on quickly for any other website host I work on with no problems

    I recently moved my website to another host and the host says its not their fault or a problem on their side.. To me it appears a firewall or security problem on the host.. negoiates connecting between xfters.. They say other can log on use ws_ftp quickly and send files quickly!!

    BUT for me Dreamweaver ftp timeout after about a minute says
    "can not determine remote server time?" I have increased DW4 the login delay to 3 mins

    Another test/ using IE6 in the URL window.. Fttp://www.bestlittleAdspace.com the site inquestion, I get the username/password window but it immediately file ftp this way also ?

    When using FTP it takes a minute to log on to the host,
    a minute to change directory,
    and a minute between each transfer file regardless of size even a 1K file size..

    I have removed FTP and download a fresh ws_ftpLE (free lite version I have used)

    I have had 3 others of my contacts try. Two of them say it appears very slow logging on
    and the other one ran considerable test transfering files and its fast, no delays between files etc..
    but they don't use Dreamweaver

    I am using MSN as an ISP... maybe thats the problem, but my other 3 contacts testing this are not using MSN.com

    Anyone got a clue?

    Thanks so much.. driving me crazy :)

    Rod

    rodmastar Guest

  2. #2

    Have you tried checking the "Use Passive FTP" checkbox? Try that.

    --
    Nancy Gill
    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX/UltraDev

    "rodmastar" <rodmastar.com> wrote in message
    > Maybe someone can help me solve a problem I am stumped and bewilder after
    a week++ of ing around.. still looks like I must xfer my website to
    another host again a 2nd time?

    > I can Dreamweaver 4. FTP and log on quickly for any other website host I
    work on with no problems

    > I recently moved my website to another host and the host says its not
    their fault or a problem on their side.. To me it appears a firewall or
    security problem on the host.. negoiates connecting between xfters.. They
    say other can log on use ws_ftp quickly and send files quickly!!

    > BUT for me Dreamweaver ftp timeout after about a minute says
    > "can not determine remote server time?" I have increased DW4 the
    login delay to 3 mins

    > Another test/ using IE6 in the URL window..
    Fttp://www.bestlittleAdspace.com the site inquestion, I get the
    username/password window but it immediately file ftp this way also ?

    > When using FTP it takes a minute to log on to the host,
    > a minute to change directory,
    > and a minute between each transfer file regardless of size even a 1K file
    size..

    > I have removed FTP and download a fresh ws_ftpLE (free lite version I
    have used)

    > I have had 3 others of my contacts try. Two of them say it appears very
    slow logging on
    > and the other one ran considerable test transfering files and its fast, no
    delays between files etc..
    > but they don't use Dreamweaver
    >
    > I am using MSN as an ISP... maybe thats the problem, but my other 3
    contacts testing this are not using MSN.com

    > Anyone got a clue?
    >

    > Thanks so much.. driving me crazy :)
    >
    > Rod

    Nancy Gill Guest