Here's the deal. I have a number of pages that have dynamic content populating drop down menus. This code resides in an Editable Region defined through a DW Template I created.

If I make a change to the template and update pages, my form code gets ed up. My <cfoutput> tags are removed and a new <option> tag is added. Needlesstosay, this ruins my dynamically populated drop down menus.

Attempted solution: Create a library item of this snippet of code
Problem: You can't create a library item out of code using the "MM_jumpMenu()" behavior

Question to All: How can I protect this code from getting edited (even though it shouldn't be rewritten because it appears in an editable region)?????
Is there a way to lock code in an editable region so it gets passed over in any template updates?????

This is an example of the code BEFORE a template update.

<select name="select" onChange="MM_jumpMenu('parent',this,0)">
<option value="fac_reading-list.cfm" selected>Select from your courses </option>
<option value="fac_reading-list.cfm">-------- </option>
<cfoutput query="singleList">
<option value="session-change-write.cfm?CN_ID=#CN_ID#&coursename=#trim(coursenam e)#&year=#year#&semester=#semester#">#semester# #year#, #coursename#</option>
</cfoutput>
</select>

This is an exmample of the code AFTER a template update.

<select name="select" onChange="MM_jumpMenu('parent',this,0)">
<option value="fac_reading-list.cfm" selected>Select from your courses </option>
<option value="fac_reading-list.cfm">-------- </option>
<option>
<option value="session-change-write.cfm?CN_ID=#CN_ID#&coursename=#trim(coursenam e)#&year=#year#&semester=#semester#">#semester# #year#, #coursename#</option>
</select>

NOTE: <cfoutput> tags removed and new <option> tag added with no </option>

Thanks ahead of time for everyone's help!!!

Bryan Husk
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Master of Science in Biotechnology
[url]www.ms-biotech.wisc.edu[/url]