Professional Web Applications Themes

DWMX V6.0 and DWMX V7.0 Lost Feature - TIMELINE - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

DWMX V6.0 and DWMX V7.0 Lost Feature - TIMELINE Has anyone noticed the "MODIFY timeline" feature in DWMX Version 6.0 is gone in DWMX V7.0. The help manual in V6.0 talks all about Timeline -stuff.! Version 7.0 MX - not a word. How can this V6.0 Function be pulled forward to Version 7.0? Extension object? Extension Command? PC [email]pcalibancomcast.net[/email]...

  1. #1

    Default DWMX V6.0 and DWMX V7.0 Lost Feature - TIMELINE

    DWMX V6.0 and DWMX V7.0 Lost Feature - TIMELINE
    Has anyone noticed the "MODIFY timeline" feature in DWMX Version 6.0 is gone
    in DWMX V7.0.

    The help manual in V6.0 talks all about Timeline -stuff.! Version 7.0 MX -
    not a word.
    How can this V6.0 Function be pulled forward to Version 7.0?
    Extension object? Extension Command?

    PC

    [email]pcalibancomcast.net[/email]

    Pcaliban Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: DWMX V6.0 and DWMX V7.0 Lost Feature - TIMELINE

    On 11/3/03 8:00 AM, in article bo5u5k$jic$1forums.macromedia.com,
    "Pcaliban" <pcalibancmxchange.com> wrote:
    > DWMX V6.0 and DWMX V7.0 Lost Feature - TIMELINE
    > Has anyone noticed the "MODIFY timeline" feature in DWMX Version 6.0 is gone
    > in DWMX V7.0.
    Hi, PC- the timeline was removed in MX 2004, which is why it's not noted in
    the help files. FYI, here's the full list of features that were removed in
    MX 2004:
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/ts/doents/features_removed_[/url]
    2004.htm

    HTH!

    -Scott
    Macromedia, Inc.

    Scott Fegette Guest

  3. #3

    > Hi, PC- the timeline was removed in MX 2004, which is why it's not noted
    in
    > the help files. FYI, here's the full list of features that were removed
    in
    > MX 2004:

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/ts/doents/features_removed_[/url]
    > 2004.htm
    this link does not work

    PhilO Guest

  4. #4

    "PhilO" <poneacrebellsouth.net> wrote in message

    > > Hi, PC- the timeline was removed in MX 2004, which is why it's not noted
    > in
    > > the help files. FYI, here's the full list of features that were
    removed
    > in
    > > MX 2004:

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/ts/doents/features_removed_[/url]
    > > 2004.htm
    It's because of the e-mail program used to send it and your e-mail program.
    Perhaps this will be clickable for you, if not, just look at the url and
    make sure you copy the entire length of it into your browser's address bar:

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/ts/doents/features_removed_2004.htm[/url]

    Hint: the url ends with these characters: _removed_2004.htm

    --
    Al Sparber - PVII
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com[/url]

    Al Sparber- PVII Guest

  5. #5

    MY GOD THEY REMOVED TIMELINE?!?!??!
    this tool alone is one of the most powerful feature in DW!!
    my god how am i going to animate my layers now?!?!?!
    any idea for workaround?

    what were they thinking?!??!?! might as well ripped out the site manager!!! grrrrrrrrr
    (the only reason i can think of is that maybe MM is coming out with a DW Pro version with all the funky features - and timeline....ty)

    zerobyte webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    The timeline was only a shortcut to the real way you animate layers. I never
    even used it and nearly all the sites I do have some kind of layer
    animarion. Personally I have my own custom written JavaScript functions to
    do the job.

    rob :: digitalburn Guest

  7. #7

    rob:

    Bet your custom animation didn't do keyframes and trigger other events like
    the timelines did. There are many things done by the DMX timelines that are
    not easy to do otherwise in HTML and js.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "rob :: digitalburn" <robdigitalburn.net> wrote in message
    > The timeline was only a shortcut to the real way you animate layers. I
    never
    > even used it and nearly all the sites I do have some kind of layer
    > animarion. Personally I have my own custom written JavaScript functions to
    > do the job.

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  8. #8

    They do all that. Triggering events is v easy for a start, just using
    listeners and that kind of thing. Tiny, tiny code too.

  9. #9

    Perhaps you could make an extension from this code, then. Any chance?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

  10. #10

    Rob, ohhh so good of u to now such tiny tiny codes. too bad a few of us designers are code-blind :)
    and yeah an extension would be much appreciated in DMX2004 community.

    PS: MY GOD MM people why did u all took it out?!?!?! *frustrated*

    zerobyte webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  11. #11

    I have thought about doing some extensions before... I even went as far as
    buying that book on it. I haven't really got the time though, and I never
    use extensions myself anyway. I had thought that if I did release any of
    this stuff it would just be in the form of a library... we'll see I guess.

    The other problem is that it's far from idiot proof (as it's just written
    for us by my team and me, and code size is a priority) and it would take
    some effort to remedy that. Plus i haven't got just one or two do-all
    functions... there are a few common ones (such as the thing that actually
    does the animation), but mostly the systems are built from the ground up for
    each application, especially when we're integrating PHP also.

    rob :: digitalburn Guest

  12. #12

    Did you ever use DW's timelines?

    --