Professional Web Applications Themes

Dynamic Drill down menus - PHP Development

Hello, I have created a db that holds specific information ie a business name. I am running into a problem on a form when you choose the business name another list is suppossed to populate the address or addresses, if multiple occur, and you can select the address. I am not able to sucessfully pull off this dynamic drill down list in my form because I do not know how to check data from a form field that hasnt been posted through $POST VARS array. My question is, is their a way to do this in PHP? Do I have ...

  1. #1

    Default Dynamic Drill down menus

    Hello,

    I have created a db that holds specific information ie a business name. I am running into a problem on a form when you choose the business name another list is suppossed to populate the address or addresses, if multiple occur, and you can select the address.

    I am not able to sucessfully pull off this dynamic drill down list in my form because I do not know how to check data from a form field that hasnt been posted through $POST VARS array.

    My question is, is their a way to do this in PHP? Do I have to learn javascript in order to accomplish this task or will I have to have a submit button for each form element?

    Thanks in advance,
    Daniel
    Dan J. Rychlik Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: [PHP] Dynamic Drill down menus

    If you want to process the conent of a form without passing it back to
    the server you definitely need to learn javasript.

    --
    [url]http://www.radinks.com/upload[/url]
    Drag and Drop File Uploader.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Dynamic Drill down menus

    Dan J. Rychlik wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have created a db that holds specific information ie a business name. I am running into a problem on a form when you choose the business name another list is suppossed to populate the address or addresses, if multiple occur, and you can select the address.
    >
    > I am not able to sucessfully pull off this dynamic drill down list in my form because I do not know how to check data from a form field that hasnt been posted through $POST VARS array.
    >
    > My question is, is their a way to do this in PHP? Do I have to learn javascript in order to accomplish this task or will I have to have a submit button for each form element?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Daniel
    I'm not sure if this will help, you, but I have a simple JavaScript
    application which may help. You would simply put your options in nested
    <ul>s, then put this in the <head> of your page:
    <script type="text/javascript"
    src="http://kverens.contactjuggling.org/j/cm.js"></script>

    Kae
    Kae Verens Guest