Professional Web Applications Themes

Dynamic Recordset Help - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Hello! I'm using Dreamweaver CS3 to create 2 .asp pages that search a database and return results from that database. I have followed a tutorial that Charles Nadeau posted at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/develop_web_application.html I was able to set up the site and the connection to the database, however I have a problem after adding the recordset. I am either unable or able to with inconsistency view my pages in browsers. I've checked and double checked my settings in the site and also tried using ASP JavaScript instead of ASP VBScript and that didn't work. The error page directs me to the line ...

  1. #1

    Default Dynamic Recordset Help

    Hello!
    I'm using Dreamweaver CS3 to create 2 .asp pages that search a database and
    return results from that database. I have followed a tutorial that Charles
    Nadeau posted at
    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/develop_web_application.html
    I was able to set up the site and the connection to the database, however I
    have a problem after adding the recordset. I am either unable or able to
    with inconsistency view my pages in browsers. I've checked and double checked
    my settings in the site and also tried using ASP JavaScript instead of ASP
    VBScript and that didn't work. The error page directs me to the line that
    contains "RS_cmd.ActiveConnection" code.
    On a side note, I think the tutorial is absolutely great besides the problem
    I've encountered. Thanks for any help in advance!
    Best, Graham

    Mister Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Dynamic Recordset Help

    Upon further troubleshooting I have noticed that Mozilla Firefox will display
    the content after a certain amount of time. After about 5 minutes from first
    viewing I can review it again. Anything inbetween gives me the error message
    mentioned in my string above.

    Mister Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Dynamic Recordset Help

    Well I think there was a bug with the program that day. It's working fine now
    and I can preview the page multiple times. I'm not sure why that error was
    coming up over and over again. I think it must be some sort of issue with
    Dreamweaver because I didn't change anything in the code. Not that I had a lot
    of suggestions....

    Mister Guest

Similar Threads

  1. dynamic drop downlists in an editable dynamic datagrid.
    By mkhans@gmail.com in forum ASP.NET Data Grid Control
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 22nd, 09:01 PM
  2. Dynamic dropdown not showing true recordset (PHP/MySQL)
    By wildwildwebs in forum Dreamweaver AppDev
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 16th, 05:24 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 24th, 11:07 AM
  4. Disconnected recordset dynamic creation problem
    By Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) in forum ASP
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 3rd, 05:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139