Professional Web Applications Themes

Dynamic tables - HTML & CSS

Hi All, I have an MS Access Database for my website which contains a table "tblProduct Images." The table breaks down to three columns "strProduct_Line", "strProduct_Name" and "strProduct_Manufacturer". After creating my recordset "rsImages" with SQL through DWMX I have a web page table that looks like: Column 1 Column 2 1st Row: "rsImages,strProduct_Line" 2nd Row "rsImages,strProduct_name" "rsImages,strProduct_Manufacturer" The second row is a repeated region set up through the record set "rsImages" I want to be able to create another web page table on the same page that has "rsImages,strProduct_Line" Listed there AS Well as in the table listed above. Can ...

  1. #1

    Default Dynamic tables

    Hi All,

    I have an MS Access Database for my website which contains a table
    "tblProduct Images." The table breaks down to three columns
    "strProduct_Line", "strProduct_Name" and "strProduct_Manufacturer".

    After creating my recordset "rsImages" with SQL through DWMX I have a web
    page table that looks like:

    Column 1 Column 2
    1st Row: "rsImages,strProduct_Line"
    2nd Row "rsImages,strProduct_name" "rsImages,strProduct_Manufacturer"

    The second row is a repeated region set up through the record set "rsImages"

    I want to be able to create another web page table on the same page that
    has "rsImages,strProduct_Line" Listed there AS Well as in the table listed
    above. Can I do this and How do I do this? Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Gerry

    Gerry Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re:Dynamic tables

    Gerry:

    Design this only on 1 table. Just create this just as you design the table in access. First you need the columns according to their data. then insert the recordset respectively to the second row of the table.

    I'm sorry, maybe you have designed the table with many to many, so I guess this might be hard to achive.

    HTH

    DREAMWORMS
    [url]http://www.siteatelier.com[/url]
    [email]dreamwormslycos.co.uk[/email]

    :: Let's cooperate to grow our portfolio ::
    dreamworms webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi,

    I wonder how I can create tables dynamically. Suppose I have a list with
    names

    Jan
    Jean
    Jean Paul
    Marco

    and I want to put this in a table : class of 1999

    The week later, i receive another list with names

    Piet
    Pieter
    Mike
    Michael

    and i want to put this in a table : class of 19992nd

    Suppose these names are put in a form and there are daily updates.

    Hope someone of you can find it, because my knowledge is not good enough. If
    looked on php.net and i found just mysql_db_create but I need to create a
    table instead of a db.

    thanx in advance !

    nieuws Guest

  4. #4

    [url]http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/CREATE_TABLE.html[/url]
    this may help

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:25:33 GMT, "nieuws" <stijnthe1st>
    wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I wonder how I can create tables dynamically. Suppose I have a list with
    >names
    >
    >Jan
    >Jean
    >Jean Paul
    >Marco
    >
    >and I want to put this in a table : class of 1999
    >
    >The week later, i receive another list with names
    >
    >Piet
    >Pieter
    >Mike
    >Michael
    >
    >and i want to put this in a table : class of 19992nd
    >
    >Suppose these names are put in a form and there are daily updates.
    >
    >Hope someone of you can find it, because my knowledge is not good enough. If
    >looked on php.net and i found just mysql_db_create but I need to create a
    >table instead of a db.
    >
    >thanx in advance !

    Warstar Guest

  5. #5

    Can anyone help me with this dynamic table I'm trying to create.
    I will try and explain what I'm trying to do. It's basically a tree type
    thing which has it's data come from two tables.

    Table One (T-Area) has the following fields.
    AreaID
    area

    Table Two (T_section) has these fields.
    SectionID
    Area (This comes from the first table as a lookup)
    section

    So what I want to show on the web page is this.

    Area1
    section1
    section2
    section3
    Area2
    section4
    section5

    ....and so on, if you know what I mean.
    I have got it working no problem with it showing the area for each section,
    but that looks pants.
    The SQL for that was;

    SELECT SectionID, section
    FROM T_section
    ORDER BY section ASC

    If you have any ideas I would be grateful.

    Cheers
    Pete

    Pete Casey Guest

  6. #6

    Hi, take look at [url]www.tenerife-dolphins-whales.com/booking.asp[/url]
    in the HOTEL section you have 2 tables. The left is the REGIONS table, the
    right the HOTELS in the Region clicked in ythe left table
    Is this what you want. So yes let me know i send you the asp code.
    Maarten.

    Maarten Guest

  7. #7

    Thanks for your reply Maarten.
    Although the code for what you pointed to me would be helpful that isn't
    exactly what I meant. What I'm trying to do is make a dynamic site map type
    thing in which all the entries in the list are links to further queries.

    Thanks
    Pete

    Pete Casey Guest

  8. #8

    Maybe that can help you: [url]http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2311[/url]

    "Pete Casey" <oipeteblueyonder.co.uk> schreef in bericht
    > Thanks for your reply Maarten.
    > Although the code for what you pointed to me would be helpful that isn't
    > exactly what I meant. What I'm trying to do is make a dynamic site map
    type
    > thing in which all the entries in the list are links to further queries.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Pete

    Maarten Guest