Professional Web Applications Themes

Easy Question - PHP Development

"Jamie Graves" <jamie.gravesed.ac.uk> writes: > I'm a new guy to PHP and would like some advice on a project that I'm about > to start. We have a page on a website that we need to access by sending a > specific string in a URL, then we must be able to save it to disk. I can > post the URL and the page appears, but how do I go about saving the website > to disk after the page has been retrieved? The data on the page is XML and I > need to save the raw XML ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Easy Question

    "Jamie Graves" <jamie.gravesed.ac.uk> writes:
    > I'm a new guy to PHP and would like some advice on a project that I'm about
    > to start. We have a page on a website that we need to access by sending a
    > specific string in a URL, then we must be able to save it to disk. I can
    > post the URL and the page appears, but how do I go about saving the website
    > to disk after the page has been retrieved? The data on the page is XML and I
    > need to save the raw XML information. Preferably into a file as it's the XML
    > is used for a flash presentation.
    Which disk, client or server? If it's the client, then read the
    browser manual, if it's the server, then fopen() will probably be a
    good place to start. If you're (as seems likely) running PHP in safe
    mode, then you'll probably need to speak nicely to the PHP admins to
    get a place where fopen() will write to.

    --
    Chris
    Chris Morris Guest

  2. #2

    : Hello,
    :
    : IM new to access (i know a bit), id like to make a custom
    : form that has textboxes for the fields of a table then id
    : like a command button to submit the data (if its all
    : filled in) to the table. How would i go about doing this?
    : Thanks in advance.
    :
    : Missy

    When you create the form you should be tieing it into the
    table, and then you can use the fields from the table on the
    form. They are automatically tied together.

    ---
    7/30/2003

    Mike Mueller Guest

  3. #3

    Default Easy question

    I have a form with several tabs, and id like a command
    button on one form to switch the tab and pass a piece of
    information on one form (say in a textbox) to the other
    form which is on another tab. Thanks

    Mary
    Mary Guest

  4. #4

    Hi,

    Ok i started over using the wizards. Took off all the
    record navigators etc to make it look like my old form.
    Its just not as customizable now. Everytime it loads it
    goes to the last entry, how can i avoid this, id rather
    it not go to any entry and i can just add the records then
    Thanks,

    Miss
    utton
    >using the wizard. You can select an option to save the
    >current record in the wizard.

    missy Guest

  5. #5

    Hi,

    Also it automatically puts all of the fields textboxes,
    id like the one field to be a combo box cuz there is only
    a number of selections to make, how do i make this
    change, thanks.

    ([url]http://www.grisoft.com[/url]).
    >7/30/2003
    >

    >.

    Missy Guest

  6. #6

    right click on that particular text box and choose >Change
    To >Combo box. Then open the properties for that combo box
    and add the values there. Row source should be value list
    and row source will be the values- eg "value1","Value2" etc.

    : Hi,
    :
    : Also it automatically puts all of the fields textboxes,
    : id like the one field to be a combo box cuz there is only
    : a number of selections to make, how do i make this
    : change, thanks.
    :
    ::: IM new to access (i know a bit), id like to make a
    ::: custom form that has textboxes for the fields of a
    ::: table then id like a command button to submit the data
    ::: (if its all filled in) to the table. How would i go
    ::: about doing this? Thanks in advance.
    :::
    ::: Missy
    ::
    :: When you create the form you should be tieing it into the
    :: table, and then you can use the fields from the table on
    :: the form. They are automatically tied together.
    ::
    ::
    ::
    :: ---
    :: Checked by AVG anti-virus system
    :: ([url]http://www.grisoft.com[/url]). Version: 6.0.505 / Virus
    :: Database: 302 - Release Date: 7/30/2003
    ::
    ::
    :: .

    ---
    7/30/2003

    Mike Mueller Guest

  7. #7

    If I have a string that holds the name of a class that I want to
    instantiate, do I use eval to do that, or is there some better way?

    Thanks,
    Carl Youngblood

    Carl Youngblood Guest

  8. #8

    il Thu, 23 Oct 2003 04:35:10 GMT, Carl Youngblood <carlycs.biz> ha
    scritto::
    >If I have a string that holds the name of a class that I want to
    >instantiate, do I use eval to do that, or is there some better way?
    a Better way:
    >> class C ;end
    => nil
    >> Object::const_get('C')
    => C
    gabriele renzi Guest

  9. #9

    Where can I find the Informix Product Lifecycle? I would like to show the
    decision makers in my company how long the products we are using have been a
    category 4 (IDS 7,24, esql/c 7.22...ect).

    Thanks again

    Jordan

    Jordan Guest

  10. #10

    [url]http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/informix/support/plc/[/url]

    Alexey Sonkin
    Senior Database Administrator

    sending to informix-list
    Alexey Sonkin Guest

  11. #11

    "Alexey Sonkin" <alexeisgrandvirtual.com> wrote in message

    > [url]http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/informix/support/plc/[/url]

    > Alexey Sonkin
    > Senior Database Administrator

    I checked the IBM lifecycle chart and under IBM Informix ESQL/C the versions
    I see are 5.10 - 5.20. When I use "esql -V" I receive 7.22 UC1. I've read
    that esql/c 7.22 is ancient, is not y2k compliant and no longer supported.
    But I can't see that from the lifecycle, could you point me in the right
    direction?

    Jordan Guest

  12. #12

    Jordan followed up with:
    > "Alexey Sonkin" <alexeisgrandvirtual.com> wrote:
    >>[url]http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/informix/support/plc/[/url]
    >>"Jordan" <jordan.bruce...> asked:
    >
    >>> Where can I find the Informix Product Lifecycle? I would like
    >>> to show the decision makers in my company how long the products
    >>> we are using have been a category 4 (IDS 7,24, esql/c
    >>> 7.22...ect).
    >
    > I checked the IBM lifecycle chart and under IBM Informix ESQL/C the versions
    > I see are 5.10 - 5.20. When I use "esql -V" I receive 7.22 UC1. I've read
    > that esql/c 7.22 is ancient, is not y2k compliant and no longer supported.
    > But I can't see that from the lifecycle, could you point me in the right
    > direction?
    It is so ancient and out of date that it no longer figures in the
    life-cycle doentation -- that's how old it is.

    OnLine 5.10 was the Y2K-safe version of OnLine 5.x; 5.11 and 5.20
    succeeded it in turn. That's why they are still listed. But 7.22 was
    never Y2K-compliant, so it would probably have dropped off the list
    about 3 years ago, maybe even longer than that.

    --
    Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h>
    Email: [email]jlefflerearthlink.net[/email], [email]jlefflerus.ibm.com[/email]

    Jonathan Leffler Guest

  13. #13

    I have a button inside of a movie clip and I would like to know which action do I have to give for playing "Scene 2" of the main movie and not inside the movie clip.

    Best regards,
    Jalochi
    jalochi Guest

  14. #14

    try:

    _parent.gotoAndStop("Scene 2", 1);
    adi_c_adi Guest

  15. #15

    > try
    > _parent.gotoAndStop("Scene 2", 1);
    this will fail :

    Scene names are not recognized by movieclip timelines
    use frame labels for reliable navigatio
    add a frame label to Frame1 Scene2, something like - fr1sc

    the action from the clip will now be
    _parent.gotoAndStop("fr1sc2");

    Jack. Guest

  16. #16

    It doesn't run.
    This is the situation:
    A botton inside a movie clip in Scene 1. I need when clicking in this button, the movie goes to Scene 2.
    What's the way?

    Jalochi
    jalochi Guest

  17. #17

    Ohh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!! You're my GOD!

    A cool good night from Spain! :)
    lol
    jalochi Guest

  18. #18

    Hello to all,
    I have an easy question: how can I find the first not used number in a
    field to use it as a primary key?

    example:

    id name
    1 harry
    2 mary
    4 frankie

    for the new row I have to found 3.
    Thank you,

    tano

    gaetanoortisi@yahoo.it Guest

  19. #19

    <gaetanoortisiyahoo.it> wrote in message
    news:1141247390.491959.94210i40g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
    > I have an easy question: how can I find the first not used number in a
    > field to use it as a primary key?
    This is a frequent misconception, that it is important to fill the "gaps" of
    a primary key column. This is almost never worth the effort, so there is
    usually not a simple way to do it.

    Primary keys need to be unique, but they do not need to be contiguous.

    You are not likely to run out of values in an unsigned 32-bit integer. Only
    if you insert 1 record every second for 136 years, will you be close to
    running out.

    You might be reusing primary key values that have been deleted, or which was
    allocated but never committed. This is risky, because other tables in your
    database might still have those values and by reusing a value that has been
    deleted, you would create an implied relationship between records that
    really have no relationship.

    A better plan is to always assign primary key values by incrementing past
    the largest value in the table. Don't try to fill the "gaps".

    Even better is to use a mechanism for a monotonically-increasing counter in
    the RDBMS implementation. Many RDBMS implementations have mechanisms to
    automatically allocate primary key values, to reduce the risk of reusing a
    value.

    Anyway, in spite of all those warnings, you might have an exceptional case
    where it is important to have contiguous values. Here's one type of
    solution (for primary key values 0-99999):

    create table d (d integer not null);
    insert into d values (0), (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6), (7), (8), (9);

    select min(d10000.d * 10000 + d1000.d * 1000 + d100.d * 100 + d10.d * 10 +
    d1.d)
    from (d as d10000, d as d1000, d as d100, d as d10, d as d1)
    left outer join mytable as t on t.id = (d10000.d * 10000 + d1000.d * 1000
    + d100.d * 100 + d10.d * 10 + d1.d)
    where t.id is null;

    Regards,
    Bill K.

    Bill Karwin Guest

  20. #20

    > > I have an easy question: how can I find the first not used number in a
    > > field to use it as a primary key?
    >
    > This is a frequent misconception, that it is important to fill the "gaps" of
    > a primary key column. This is almost never worth the effort, so there is
    > usually not a simple way to do it.
    >
    > Primary keys need to be unique, but they do not need to be contiguous.

    I know, and I don't want them to be contigues, I want them to be
    reusable.
    What I have to do is to attach (physically) to every product that is
    stored
    in the database a paper label that I would like to made recyclable.

    > Even better is to use a mechanism for a monotonically-increasing counter in
    > the RDBMS implementation.
    I know auto-increment feature, but it's not what I need.
    > Regards,
    > Bill K.
    Thank you a lot,
    tano