Professional Web Applications Themes

Easy way to open pages in Homesite from inside DW MX? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Right now, In DW MX, when I want to open an htm or asp page in HOmesite, I right click on the file in FILES panel, choose OPEN WITH / BROWSE and then have to find the Homesite directory under the MM directory in PROGRAM FILES directory. It's a time waster. Isn't there a quick way to open files in Homesite from inside DW? Also, is there a way to ftp files directly from inside homesite or do I have to save, come back into DW, get rid of the reloading warnings, and then ftp?...

  1. #1

    Default Easy way to open pages in Homesite from inside DW MX?

    Right now, In DW MX, when I want to open an htm or asp page in HOmesite, I
    right click on the file in FILES panel, choose OPEN WITH / BROWSE and then
    have to find the Homesite directory under the MM directory in PROGRAM FILES
    directory.

    It's a time waster. Isn't there a quick way to open files in Homesite from
    inside DW?

    Also, is there a way to ftp files directly from inside homesite or do I have
    to save, come back into DW, get rid of the reloading warnings, and then ftp?

    Crispy Guest

  2. #2

    Under Edit Preferences go to the file type/editor and then define Homesite
    as the External Code Editor. Then you can open the page in DWX, and under
    the Edit menu you will have an option to "Edit with Homesite".

    You can use FTP in Homesite but I have never set it up.

    --
    Regards

    Paul Whitham
    Valleybiz Internet Design
    [url]www.valleybiz.net[/url]

    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Ultradev/Dreamweaver MX
    [url]www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia[/url]
    "Crispy" <polaatxREMOVE.> wrote in message
    > Right now, In DW MX, when I want to open an htm or asp page in HOmesite, I
    > right click on the file in FILES panel, choose OPEN WITH / BROWSE and then
    > have to find the Homesite directory under the MM directory in PROGRAM
    FILES
    > directory.
    >
    > It's a time waster. Isn't there a quick way to open files in Homesite from
    > inside DW?
    >
    > Also, is there a way to ftp files directly from inside homesite or do I
    have
    > to save, come back into DW, get rid of the reloading warnings, and then
    ftp?

    Paul Whitham TMM Guest

  3. #3

    Paul, thanks for your reply.

    Actually, the solution to my problem is simpler: EDIT / EDIT IN HOMESITE

    I found it in the DW help.

    thanks. crispy

    "Paul Whitham TMM" <paulvalleybiz.net> wrote in message
    > Under Edit Preferences go to the file type/editor and then define Homesite
    > as the External Code Editor. Then you can open the page in DWX, and under
    > the Edit menu you will have an option to "Edit with Homesite".
    >
    > You can use FTP in Homesite but I have never set it up.
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > Paul Whitham
    > Valleybiz Internet Design
    > [url]www.valleybiz.net[/url]
    >
    > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Ultradev/Dreamweaver MX
    > [url]www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia[/url]
    > "Crispy" <polaatxREMOVE.> wrote in message
    > > Right now, In DW MX, when I want to open an htm or asp page in HOmesite,
    > > right click on the file in FILES panel, choose OPEN WITH / BROWSE and
    then
    > > have to find the Homesite directory under the MM directory in PROGRAM
    > FILES
    > > directory.
    > >
    > > It's a time waster. Isn't there a quick way to open files in Homesite
    from
    > > inside DW?
    > >
    > > Also, is there a way to ftp files directly from inside homesite or do I
    > have
    > > to save, come back into DW, get rid of the reloading warnings, and then
    > ftp?

    Crispy Guest