Professional Web Applications Themes

eBay has gone to the dogs! - Photography

It seems that eBay has been taken over by the "new from Hong Kong" crowd. Not until you get to page 3 or 4 ( I search by "new items first") do you start getting "spatters" of real, 2nd hand, in australia equipment up for sale..... it's a bit sad really, Sold has gone, Stuff is still stuffed (with their crappy category setup) and now we are just left with a Clayton's eBay :-( Just as well we still have Trading Post! Do you guys know of any other good places to look for local 2nd hand gear? -- Russell ...

  1. #1

    Default eBay has gone to the dogs!

    It seems that eBay has been taken over by the "new from Hong Kong" crowd.
    Not until you get to page 3 or 4 ( I search by "new items first") do you
    start getting "spatters" of real, 2nd hand, in australia equipment up for
    sale..... it's a bit sad really, Sold has gone, Stuff is still stuffed (with
    their crappy category setup) and now we are just left with a Clayton's eBay
    :-(

    --
    Russell Stewart
    Australian Digital Photo Of The Day

    AU Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: eBay has gone to the dogs!

    AU Digital Photo Of The Day <com.au> wrote in message
    (with
    eBay

    Photo Trader Mag is a favourite of mine

    Graham Guest

  3. #3

    "Graham" <com> wrote in message
    news:bjtorg$21na$netspace.net.au... [/ref]
    crowd. [/ref]
    for
    > (with
    > eBay [/ref]
    gear?

    > Photo Trader Mag is a favourite of mine[/ref]

    Is that a news agent only mag.... or do they have something online? I
    live in the sticks and hardly ever go near the shops. :-(

    AU Guest

  4. #4

    "AU Digital Photo Of The Day" <com.au> wrote in message
    (with
    eBay
    \

    But you haven't stated what it is you want to purchase.

    Miro Guest

  5. #5

    " Miro" <com> wrote in message
    news:3f62708e$0$15798$optusnet.com.au... [/ref]
    crowd. [/ref]
    for
    > (with
    > eBay
    > \
    >
    > But you haven't stated what it is you want to purchase.
    >
    >[/ref]

    "local 2nd hand gear" was mentioned....

    considering the nature of this newsgroup I just assumed that everyone would
    realise I am after "photographic equipment"... be it cameras, lights or what
    ever, no need to be specific.

    AU Guest

  6. #6

    > "local 2nd hand gear" was mentioned....
    >
    > considering the nature of this newsgroup I just assumed that everyone[/ref]
    would
    what

    Given you want to buy "everything" then you may have to look "everywhere"

    Miro Guest

  7. #7

    Christ Miro!

    " Miro" <com> wrote in message

    Snaps! Guest

  8. #8

    " Miro" <com> wrote in message

    > > "local 2nd hand gear" was mentioned....
    > >
    > > considering the nature of this newsgroup I just assumed that everyone[/ref]
    > would
    > what
    >
    > Given you want to buy "everything" then you may have to look "everywhere"
    >[/ref]
    As usual some great advise, thanks Miro, I just found some real bargains on
    Canon L series lenses over at www.drive.com.au ....NOT!!!

    AU Guest

  9. #9

    " Miro" <com> wrote in message

    > > "local 2nd hand gear" was mentioned....
    > >
    > > considering the nature of this newsgroup I just assumed that everyone[/ref]
    > would
    > what
    >
    > Given you want to buy "everything" then you may have to look "everywhere"
    >
    >[/ref]

    FFS!

    ~Seb

    Seb Guest

  10. #10

    AU Digital Photo Of The Day <com.au> wrote in message
    news:bjtov1$5tm$austar.net.au... [/ref]
    > crowd. [/ref][/ref]
    you [/ref]
    > for
    > > (with
    > > eBay [/ref]
    > gear?
    > >
    > > Photo Trader Mag is a favourite of mine[/ref]
    >

    > Is that a news agent only mag.... or do they have something online? I
    > live in the sticks and hardly ever go near the shops. :-(
    >
    >[/ref]
    They dont have an online site unfortunately ... You can however get the
    magazine sent by subcription ..

    Even though you live in the sticks, it does really matter - Ive bought stuff
    outta there from melbourne or wherever and just get them to post it to me
    .... Never had a problem with a dishonest seller to date.

    It comes out about every 2 months and is about $3.00 - I cant find my last
    issue at the moment to give you the contact details.

    Graham

    Graham Guest

  11. #11

    > > would [/ref][/ref]
    or

    > > Given you want to buy "everything" then you may have to look[/ref][/ref]
    "everywhere"
    > As usual some great advise, thanks Miro, I just found some real bargains[/ref]
    on

    Even a moon-crazed woman with a platinum card can at least buy one thing at
    a time.

    Miro Guest

  12. #12

    Actually ... Miro has a point :D
    If you want to buy local Australian based 2nd hand photographic equipment,
    eBAY.au still has them.

    David in Perth [partnerelijah] , mgwebster, topogon and few other ppl still
    sell 2nd or new gears in eBAY.
    Tho those HK based seller around, they still sell 2nd hand gears too.
    Its only a matter of how you look.

    =bob=

    "AU Digital Photo Of The Day" <com.au> wrote in message

    [BnH] Guest

  13. #13

    David Guest

  14. #14

    In article <bju7oa$2kpn$netspace.net.au>, "Graham" <com> wrote:
    >Photo Trader Mag is a favourite of mine
    >
    >They dont have an online site unfortunately ... You can however get the
    >magazine sent by subcription ..[/ref]

    Here are some contact details:

    Photographic Trader
    Publisher/Editor: Neil Smith
    PO Box 95, Carina QLD 4152
    Tel: (07) 3843 2319
    Fax: (07) 3843 0135
    E-mail: neil at phototrader dot com dot au

    Subscription: $21.90 per year, $3.65 per single issue.

    New subscribers: please nominate whether you wish to
    commence with the current issue or the 'next' issue
    (published 6 times per year, in February, April, June,
    August, October, December).

    Hope the above info is of assistance.

    --
    Witold.

    --
    Witold.
    Witold Guest

  15. #15

    "[BnH]" <b18ATiinetDOTnetDOTaus> wrote in message
    still

    Hi there..

    He really was simply merely lamenting about how much e he had to weed
    through on ebay to find those people you mention.

    Miro never has a point (which I suspect is his problem).

    VH-CBR Guest

  16. #16

    "VH-CBR" <com> wrote in message

    Ironic and rhetorical would be lost on you, wouldn't it ! Why else would
    you give an answer when there is no question.

    Miro Guest

  17. #17

    "[BnH]" <b18ATiinetDOTnetDOTaus> wrote in message
    still

    It seems that anyperson looking for nothing in particular generally tends to
    find it.

    Miro Guest

  18. #18

    SO have you found "it" yet?
    Doug

    " Miro" <com> wrote in message
    news:3f62d7a3$0$1065$optusnet.com.au... [/ref]
    equipment,
    > still
    >
    > It seems that anyperson looking for nothing in particular generally tends[/ref]

    Snaps! Guest

  19. #19

     [/ref]
    > equipment,
    > > still
    > >
    > > It seems that anyperson looking for nothing in particular generally[/ref][/ref]
    tends [/ref]

    "Snaps!" <com.au> wrote in message

    I know what I am looking for !

    Miro Guest

  20. #20

    "Graham" <com> wrote in message
    news:bjtorg$21na$netspace.net.au... [/ref]
    gear?
    > Photo Trader Mag is a favourite of mine[/ref]

    I'm afraid the prices in there are just as high as in 2nd-hand stores around
    oz. This is fine I suppose if you've never tried ebay and are earning a
    decent wage, but once you've managed to find nice lenses etc. for under $100
    on ebay it's pretty hard to accept that ppl in Photo Trader are asking $300
    for exactly the same thing.

    A small difference to some is a large difference to others. It's nice to
    browse thru and look at all the yummy gear in that mag tho.

    Adam F

    Adam Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast