Professional Web Applications Themes

eBay SOAP API with CF - Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques

When I write the initial code to create a proxy object connecting to the eBay web service using the following line, the JRun server seems to get stuck and crashes. <cfobject webservice = "http://developer.ebay.com/webservices/393/eBaySvc.wsdl" name="ebayWS" /> Any idea why this is happening? I'm using CF MX 6.1...

  1. #1

    Default eBay SOAP API with CF

    When I write the initial code to create a proxy object connecting to the eBay
    web service using the following line, the JRun server seems to get stuck and
    crashes.

    <cfobject webservice =
    "http://developer.ebay.com/webservices/393/eBaySvc.wsdl" name="ebayWS" />

    Any idea why this is happening? I'm using CF MX 6.1

    premb Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: eBay SOAP API with CF

    Hi,

    It take long time to load, adjust setting for timeout to 6000.
    call your method, it will take probly 10 minutes to load.

    Thanks
    sanaullah Guest

  3. #3

    This is a little off the subject. But I figured you might know since you are
    working with eBay API.

    Have you tried to get the PayPal API working for CF? The new direct payment
    system they have.

    Thanks

    jfill

    Jfill Guest

  4. #4

    Hi

    Jfill,

    Yes I have completed DoDirectPayment with paypal,

    Jfill have you tried to load ebay.wsdl from locally, i mean first get
    ebay.wsdl store to webroot. the call webservice to get pouplate all function. I
    am facing a bit porblem, it cannot load function from local wsdl file

    Thanks

    sanaullah Guest

  5. #5

    sanaullah,

    I actually have not tried the eBay API. I have no real use for it, in fact I
    did not really knew one existed :). However that darn PayPal one is a problem
    child. There have been several of us that have been going back and forth
    trying to get it to work on any other forum. No one can seem to get it working.

    Are you going to be making your paypal code available to the CF community? Or
    selling it?

    Jfill Guest

  6. #6

    Hi Jfill,

    Thanks for your quick reply, i am happy to share the code. Please can you
    tell where i should put the sample code.
    so every body can easily get that and knows as well.

    I more than 2MB file size, i can uplaod to my domain, OR anybody suggest a
    good place i can do that as well.

    Thanks

    sanaullah Guest

  7. #7

    sanaullah,

    That would be most helpful! Thank you for offering this!. I frequent
    http://www.easycfm.com and that is where many people have been talking about
    this API. It would be great if you could upload it as a Tutorial. There is
    currently a contest going on right now too! It ends Oct. 31 and is for the
    best tut. Yours could be the winner!.

    Anyway. If you don't want to upload it there
    (http://easycfm.com/addtutorial/), I am not sure of another good place.

    Thanks again!

    jfill

    Jfill Guest

  8. #8

    sanaullah,

    Any luck posting that code? Sorry, I am just a little anxious. :)

    jfill
    Jfill Guest

  9. #9

    Hi Jfill

    Yest the code is ready i test hour ago. made some improvements.

    I will post it on http://www.easycfm.com today or tomorrow. I am really
    tired now, whole day at work then now still working at home.

    I am sorry bit late in posting the solution ...

    Regards

    Sana

    sanaullah Guest

  10. #10

    No problem. Thank you so much for doing this!

    jfill
    Jfill Guest

  11. #11

    I hope you know already about PayPal API for direct payment system or at least
    you have spent some time how this works.
    If you are interested in PayPal Direct Payment System for your site. PayPal
    API does direct payment transaction from your server to PayPal. Direct Payment
    systems have two methods
    (1) Authorisation (2) sale.
    The API does REAL time transaction and your buyers will have instantly
    decision from PayPal transaction without leaving your site.
    If your CFMX7 installation is Multi Instance then copy all jar files directly
    into ColdFusion lib path
    For example
    C:\JRun4\servers\cfusion\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\WEB-INF\cfusion\lib
    If CFMX7 installation is standard edition then please flow the below
    instructions.
    1. Create a C:\paypal\lib\ directory.
    2. From the <SDK ROOT>\lib directory, copy the following files to the
    C:\paypal\lib\ directory:
    (Note: <SDK ROOT> is the directory where you installed the PayPal SDK)
    bcmail-jdk14-128.jar
    bcprov-jdk14-128.jar
    paypal_base.jar
    paypal_stubs.jar
    sax2.jar
    xerces.jar
    xpp3-1.1.3.4d_b4_min.jar
    xstream.jar
    3. In the ColdFusion Administrator, add the C:\paypal\lib path to the
    ColdFusion Class Path (Java and JVM).
    4. Restart the ColdFusion MX service.
    5. Move all files from the <SDK_ROOT>\ColdFusion directory to your CFMX7
    project directory webroot.
    Download sample code and try. Other things details are inside README.TXT
    file, how to create your own P12 certificate file and your PayPal ACCESS API
    instructions.

    http://www.sanaullah.co.uk/paypal.zip

    sanaullah Guest