Professional Web Applications Themes

eBay, what to do? - Photography

Looking at his Shop Info page there are a couple of things that red flag this guy for me ie the words "no" and "not" :-( "Air registered -7-12 working days. ONCE ITEM SENT(tracking no. Provided), NO REFUND, NO responsibility of item damage/lost,no exchange, no claimable!" "IF you have any question please feel free to email us [email]aussiedigital.au[/email] Items sold by this store are not refundable/exchangable." May I ask if you would have saved much buying from this guy?...

  1. #1

    Default Re: eBay, what to do?

    Looking at his Shop Info page there are a couple of things that red flag
    this guy for me ie the words "no" and "not" :-(

    "Air registered -7-12 working days. ONCE ITEM SENT(tracking no. Provided),
    NO REFUND, NO responsibility of item damage/lost,no exchange, no claimable!"

    "IF you have any question please feel free to email us
    [email]aussiedigital.au[/email] Items sold by this store are not
    refundable/exchangable."

    May I ask if you would have saved much buying from this guy?

    AU Digital Photo Of The Day Guest

  2. #2

    > Probably eBay won't help as the item should have been covered by
    insurance,
    > also the seller should have used a more secure method of delivery. Any
    help
    > would be very much appreciated thanks!!!
    Did you extract his contact details and phone number. If it is an Australian
    business you have several tools at your disposal. Not to mention false
    customs declarations and GST evasion.

    Miro Guest

  3. #3

    Report the incident to Ebay as fraud and go through the process of making a
    claim. You don't get to talk to a real person, it takes a while and you
    will only get $350 back from EBay. But hey at least it is something.

    I have gone through the process this year and admit to being sceptical
    because I never got to talk to anyone. I did have to query progress but I
    did get the money. I did not have insurance. All Ebay wanted was proof of
    payment and evidence that I did try and contact the person.

    Good Luck

    Perry
    "Krusty" <mailkogarah.cjb.net> wrote in message news:3f18d4bdnews1...
    > On the 12-5-2003 I was the winning bidder on a digital camera on eBay, the
    > seller (aussie-digital - in Hong Kong) eventually sent payment details so
    on
    > the 15th May I direct deposited to his account (in Australia) an amount of
    > $808 (Camera + case + freight + insurance), he later told me he
    > miscalculated the freight & wanted an additional $8 which I direct
    deposited
    > on the 16th.
    >
    > To cut a long story short I have received nothing despite in excess of 24
    > e-mails, initially his attitude was that he had sent it & it was my
    problem
    > to follow up where it was! He now refuses to reply to any e-mail (he reads
    > them as I have "receipt" set).
    >
    > On the 8th July I attempted to advise eBay of this sellers actions but
    only
    > received an automated response. I left negative feedback on eBay & the
    > seller despite having left me $816 out of pocket had the audacity to bad
    > rate me.
    >
    > My question is how does one get to communicate with a real person at eBay
    as
    > I have exhausted all avenues as far as a resolution with the seller? He
    > refuses to respond to e-mail & obviously has no intention of honouring the
    > insurance.
    >
    > Probably eBay won't help as the item should have been covered by
    insurance,
    > also the seller should have used a more secure method of delivery. Any
    help
    > would be very much appreciated thanks!!!
    >
    > BTW avoid this parasite (aussie-digital), he can not be trusted! Also he
    has
    > a very limited knowledge of the English language & is somewhat abusive!

    Perry Muncaster Guest

  4. #4

    Try the police and report it to a fraud division.
    Normally they will try asking the bank to spit back the money you deposited
    :)

    Moral of the story : buy locally ! or ask someone you really know to buy it
    for you.
    HongKies are world famous their bad attitude :)
    [tried shopping there one day ... no buy no touch policy applies ;) and it
    was still under UK not under China :) ]

    =bob=

    [BnH] Guest

  5. #5

    > Moral of the story : buy locally !
    Arent you from overseas ?

    Miro Guest

  6. #6

    I am . But I bought some locally too.

    =bob=

    " Miro" <miro01hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:3f18fe9f$0$1208$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.au ...

    > > Moral of the story : buy locally !
    >
    > Arent you from overseas ?

    [BnH] Guest

  7. #7

    "Chris Denyer" <cdenyertpg.com.au> wrote in message
    news:2ed54e88.0307190140.a23bfeposting.google.com ...
    > " Miro" <miro01hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:<3f18e055$0$1210$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.a u>...

    > > > Probably eBay won't help as the item should have been covered by
    > > insurance,
    > > > also the seller should have used a more secure method of delivery. Any
    > > help
    > > > would be very much appreciated thanks!!!
    > >
    > Geez- I must have been lucky, I bid on a Canon G3 that this seller
    > had up for auction,but only after browsing through his feedback
    > rating(not that that guarantees his authenticity).I received mine 2
    > 1/2 weeks after depositing into his australian account,and apart from
    > his/her liking for replying to emails, had no problems.And saved
    > myself 300 Aust bucks too.
    > I too paid an insurance fee,but admit that i did not know how far
    > this would cover me if things went wrong.Maybe it's a Police matter
    > now,do you still have his banking details?,i might be able to help in
    > that regard if need be.
    > Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction, keep us informed.
    > Chris
    Clearly insurance is a seller problem. As he is the one that holds the right
    to claim a refund from the post office.

    I bet the item is in customs waiting to get processed for GST charges and
    the card is not yet arrived telling the buyer to pay a fee at the post
    office.

    Might take as long as 2 or 3 weeks extra.

    Miro Guest

  8. #8

    > " Miro" <miro01hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:3f18fe9f$0$1208$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.au ...
    > >
    > > > Moral of the story : buy locally !
    > >
    > > Arent you from overseas ?

    "[BnH]" <b18ATiinetDOTnetDOTaus> wrote in message
    news:3f190726$0$23604$5a62ac22freenews.iinet.net. au...
    > I am . But I bought some locally too.
    >
    > =bob=

    I dont see the wisdom in your words ......

    Miro Guest

  9. #9

    Miro wrote:
    > Clearly insurance is a seller problem. As he is the one that holds the right
    > to claim a refund from the post office.
    >
    > I bet the item is in customs waiting to get processed for GST charges and
    > the card is not yet arrived telling the buyer to pay a fee at the post
    > office.
    >
    > Might take as long as 2 or 3 weeks extra.

    Yep.. if you went down the feedack lists (several pages) you will see
    that some buyers had to pay customs (and compalined the cheap bast&%$%^)
    and others had to wait up to 5 weeks for their cameras.

    Yours might still arrive.

    If it was me... I'd be biding on all his auctions (in new account names
    of course) so that his ebays fees covered my $800 loss (infact .. I'd
    consider doing it in two names so that I could bid one of his cameras up
    to $1 000 000 or so about 3 seconds before closing time so they could
    not be cancelled... but that is just me >:-)>
    .... or maybe my evil twin
    BRenton

    Brenton Guest

  10. #10

    it's called a "Chargeback" and he said at the beginning that he used direct
    deposit, meaning he didn't use a credit card, so therefore has no recourse
    in that direction.

    good luck

    "Green Dog" <smaszlagihotmail.com> wrote in message
    > If you did use your mastercard and were able to report it to the bank
    within
    > a certain timeframe the bank acn do a "clawback" and pull the money right
    > out of this guy's account. Have you tried that avenue?
    >
    > Steve

    Warren Prasek Guest

  11. #11

    "Chris Denyer" <cdenyertpg.com.au> wrote in message
    news:2ed54e88.0307190140.a23bfeposting.google.com ...

    > Geez- I must have been lucky, I bid on a Canon G3 ...
    Me too. I have been buying (and selling) a lot on Ebay. and while I may heve
    been disappointed about what I got, (not being as described) but I have
    never actually been taken for a ride yet. Just lucky I guess, or
    incredibably paranoid!!! :)

    David in Perth Guest

  12. #12

    "HC" <happycamper_au.au> wrote in message
> [...]
    > > >
    > > > My question is how does one get to communicate with a real person at
    eBay
    > > as
    > > > I have exhausted all avenues as far as a resolution with the seller?
    He
    > > > refuses to respond to e-mail & obviously has no intention of honouring
    the
    > > > insurance.
    > > >
    > > > Probably eBay won't help as the item should have been covered by
    > > insurance,
    > > > also the seller should have used a more secure method of delivery. Any
    > > help
    > > > would be very much appreciated thanks!!!
    > > >
    > > > BTW avoid this parasite (aussie-digital), he can not be trusted! Also
    he
    > > has
    > > > a very limited knowledge of the English language & is somewhat

    Green Dog Guest