Professional Web Applications Themes

Echo comes after some time - Macromedia Flash Flashcom

I m using Macromedia flash 7 and communication server 1.5 with sp1 and sp2 installed.Sometimes the user starts getting his audio back after 2-3 seconds.In this case audio communication is both way between(Speaker1 and Speaker2).When i tried to troubleshoot, I found that the audio stream coming from Speaker2 gets mixed with audio of speaker1 and relays back to speaker 1 so the speaker1 listens his own vioce which is being relayed back with stream of speaker2. Im unable to find solution to the problem .This problem persists occasionally Im not able to understand how the stream comming from one user ...

  1. #1

    Default Echo comes after some time

    I m using Macromedia flash 7 and communication server 1.5 with sp1 and sp2
    installed.Sometimes the user starts getting his audio back after 2-3 seconds.In
    this case audio communication is both way between(Speaker1 and Speaker2).When i
    tried to troubleshoot, I found that the audio stream coming from Speaker2 gets
    mixed with audio of speaker1 and relays back to speaker 1 so the speaker1
    listens his own vioce which is being relayed back with stream of speaker2. Im
    unable to find solution to the problem .This problem persists occasionally

    Im not able to understand how the stream comming from one user gets mixed with
    the audio stream of other user
    Both users are using headsets so there is no possibility of audio from
    speakers getting into mic.I also removed the mic and speaker at the speaker2 .

    Note that its not echo it comes after 2-3 seconds and very much clear.

    Inderjit Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Echo comes after some time

    Hi.

    I have encountered the same behavior, that sounds get mixed and returned back
    to the original speaker. I suspect a possible bug in my implementation thought,
    but couldn't find it yet. Have you had any advance with this problem?

    NeoSyRenity Guest

  3. #3

    HI,
    this bug is caused if the computer at the other end is having cheap sound card.
    All sound cards with AC97 chipset are giving same problem.
    SIS onboard card is also giving same problem but not much(echo is not too loud
    as AC97).
    Onboard cards are usually of poor quality.
    Technical reason is that they are half duplex and share there components for
    recording and reproducing sound , which causes speaker and mic sound signals
    mixed at speaker2' computer and looped back to all connected users.
    there is no software solution for that.u need to change the soundcard at
    speaker2's computer.

    Inderjit Guest

  4. #4

    Hi.

    After some quite extensive testing, I think that I found the problem. The
    flashcomm seems to have some issues with NAT - meaning, it may mix only the
    connections coming from the same IP. I never encountered this issue with
    connections from different IP's.

    Perhaps there is a way to tell the server that the connections from the same
    IP are not the same, and should be threated separately? Or we should wait for
    the FMS (FCS2) to resolve it?

    NeoSyRenity Guest