Professional Web Applications Themes

eCommerce Query - ASP Database

Hi All Bit of general one this, but apart from using Secure Trading or WorldPay for on-line credit card transactions - what are the options for business to accept payments? I've seen the method whereby the order never actually leaves the secure area and the merchant logs in to print the order and process it manually via their PDQ, but are there any other avenues? Problem with Secure Trading, WorldPay and the like is that they take a % of each transaction and the linking between the full ecommerce site that say I've created and these 3rd parties seems to ...

  1. #1

    Default eCommerce Query

    Hi All

    Bit of general one this, but apart from using Secure Trading or WorldPay for
    on-line credit card transactions - what are the options for business to
    accept payments?

    I've seen the method whereby the order never actually leaves the secure area
    and the merchant logs in to print the order and process it manually via
    their PDQ, but are there any other avenues?

    Problem with Secure Trading, WorldPay and the like is that they take a % of
    each transaction and the linking between the full ecommerce site that say
    I've created and these 3rd parties seems to show many cosmetic cracks to rub
    out the professionalism.

    How do the majority do it - because I'm sure DELL, etc don't use Secure
    Trading or WorldPay to process their transactions.

    Many thanks.

    Rgds

    Laphan

    Laphan Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: eCommerce Query

    Dell and other people have the luxury of the volume of transactions to deal
    directly with credit card companies. While smaller folks, have to go through
    a consolidator (or gateway). Unless you have a lot of transactions, I can't
    think of a way out. However, within these service providers, I am sure there
    is someone who takes the least % commission.

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netWire

    "Laphan" <newsDoNotEmailMe.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi All
    >
    > Bit of general one this, but apart from using Secure Trading or WorldPay
    for
    > on-line credit card transactions - what are the options for business to
    > accept payments?
    >
    > I've seen the method whereby the order never actually leaves the secure
    area
    > and the merchant logs in to print the order and process it manually via
    > their PDQ, but are there any other avenues?
    >
    > Problem with Secure Trading, WorldPay and the like is that they take a %
    of
    > each transaction and the linking between the full ecommerce site that say
    > I've created and these 3rd parties seems to show many cosmetic cracks to
    rub
    > out the professionalism.
    >
    > How do the majority do it - because I'm sure DELL, etc don't use Secure
    > Trading or WorldPay to process their transactions.
    >
    > Many thanks.
    >
    > Rgds
    >
    > Laphan

    Manohar Kamath [MVP] Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Manohar

    What do you think to the merchant who makes the order never leave the secure
    area, goes upto it with lock and key, prints it out and then deletes the
    order from the system??

    Rgds

    Laphan

    > Hi All
    >
    > Bit of general one this, but apart from using Secure Trading or WorldPay
    for
    > on-line credit card transactions - what are the options for business to
    > accept payments?
    >
    > I've seen the method whereby the order never actually leaves the secure
    area
    > and the merchant logs in to print the order and process it manually via
    > their PDQ, but are there any other avenues?
    >
    > Problem with Secure Trading, WorldPay and the like is that they take a %
    of
    > each transaction and the linking between the full ecommerce site that say
    > I've created and these 3rd parties seems to show many cosmetic cracks to
    rub
    > out the professionalism.
    >
    > How do the majority do it - because I'm sure DELL, etc don't use Secure
    > Trading or WorldPay to process their transactions.
    >
    > Many thanks.
    >
    > Rgds
    >
    > Laphan

    Laphan Guest

  4. #4

    Laphan wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > Bit of general one this, but apart from using Secure Trading or WorldPay for
    > on-line credit card transactions - what are the options for business to
    > accept payments?
    >
    > I've seen the method whereby the order never actually leaves the secure area
    > and the merchant logs in to print the order and process it manually via
    > their PDQ, but are there any other avenues?
    >
    > Problem with Secure Trading, WorldPay and the like is that they take a % of
    > each transaction and the linking between the full ecommerce site that say
    > I've created and these 3rd parties seems to show many cosmetic cracks to rub
    > out the professionalism.
    My approach has always been to email it to the client (encrypted) via a
    personal cert... dead easy when you know how and it works very well ...
    ( Like PGP but easier )

    Gerry W ( Use my name at dergal dot c o m for email Guest