Professional Web Applications Themes

Edit page not working in Contribute - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

I have a site that I administer in Contribute, a user called today because they are not able to Edit a page. When you click the Edit button it just sits there. As the Administrator I try to go into the file and I can't get into it either. I even recreated the page in Dreamweaver and it is still hanging. I looked on the site and there is not a .lck on this file. Thank you in advance for any assistance....

  1. #1

    Default Edit page not working in Contribute

    I have a site that I administer in Contribute, a user called today because they
    are not able to Edit a page. When you click the Edit button it just sits
    there. As the Administrator I try to go into the file and I can't get into it
    either. I even recreated the page in Dreamweaver and it is still hanging.

    I looked on the site and there is not a .lck on this file.

    Loretta C Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Edit page not working in Contribute

    Hi loretta,

    Sorry to hear that you have problems using contribute.

    Can you do the following and let me know:

    What is the version of contribute you are using?
    Which platform are you running on?

    1. Create a new page in contribute as non- admin
    2. Publish the page
    3. Edit the page again
    4. Publish the page. (Does this work?)

    Are you not able to edit any page on the site or is it specific to a page
    only?

    Would it be possible to debug your problem if you can setup another sample
    test site and upload the same roles to that site and send me connection keys
    for adminstrator and non-admin roles?

    You can email me directly at <amadasadobe.com>

    amadas Guest

  3. #3

    I am using Contribute 3.
    I can create a new page as a user and send for review.
    I was able to get into the page and publish it under Administrator after
    sending it with a different user key.

    I will contact you with a test site info.

    Thanks

    Loretta C Guest

  4. #4

    I have a similar problem - 2 users with role access to a folder can not edit a
    particular file. I'm using contribute 3.1 on Windows 2003 std ed. The users
    can edit all the other pages and they can enen edit the "problem" page if I
    rename it. But they can't seem to edit this one particular page - it's file
    name is admin.html - is this by chance a "reserved" name in Contribute?
    :confused;

    Jeff93 Guest

  5. #5

    hi jeff,

    can u try the same with trial version of Contribute 3.11...

    Can you check on your webserver if admin.html is set as default files to be
    picked up on connecting... nevertheless that shouldnt be a problem...

    Thanks
    Arun

    amadas Guest