Professional Web Applications Themes

Editable Area Size - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

OK maybe I'm lame but how can I make the editing area larger? I don't mean the main stage, which is set under "Doent Properties". But the area where you edit a movie clip or button or whatever! I have moved objects off the (white) area and onto the (grey) area and cannot get to them! Even if I change the main stage dimensions I still can't pan over and see my graphics. Please help me.................

  1. #1

    Default Editable Area Size

    OK maybe I'm lame but how can I make the editing area larger?
    I don't mean the main stage, which is set under "Doent Properties".
    But the area where you edit a movie clip or button or whatever!
    I have moved objects off the (white) area and onto the (grey) area and
    cannot get to them!
    Even if I change the main stage dimensions I still can't pan over and see
    my graphics.

    Please help me..............

    Jacob Filek Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Editable Area Size

    "Jacob Filek" <jacobsdesignsno.email.net> wrote in message
    > OK maybe I'm lame but how can I make the editing area larger?
    > I don't mean the main stage, which is set under "Doent Properties".
    > But the area where you edit a movie clip or button or whatever!
    > I have moved objects off the (white) area and onto the (grey) area and
    > cannot get to them!
    > Even if I change the main stage dimensions I still can't pan over and see
    > my graphics.
    >

    > Please help me..............

    Did you try and resize the area with the transform tool?

    Todd Guest

  3. #3

    OK maybe some more info:

    I'm in "Edit/Symbols" mode. and I zoom to 25%, there is the white area and
    the grey area.
    My movie clips have moved off into the gray area.

    Am I doomed? or how can I increase the size of the white area?
    When the rulers are turned on, one side it reads -720 the other side reads
    +720.
    The same for the height. so it would be 1440 square.

    "Jacob Filek" <jacobsdesignsno.email.net> wrote in message
    > OK maybe I'm lame but how can I make the editing area larger?
    > I don't mean the main stage, which is set under "Doent Properties".
    > But the area where you edit a movie clip or button or whatever!
    > I have moved objects off the (white) area and onto the (grey) area and
    > cannot get to them!
    > Even if I change the main stage dimensions I still can't pan over and see
    > my graphics.
    >

    > Please help me..............

    Jacob Filek Guest

  4. #4

    u mean u need a larger work area...
    if so.. increase screen resolution of ur monitor.
    anishu Guest

  5. #5

    Look on the upper RHC just above the stage. Does it say "fit in window"? That is the only option that will not let you pan the stage. Change this to something else like "show frame".
    rlc5611 Guest

  6. #6

    I'm sorry but what exactly is "RHC just above the stage"?
    If you mean Right Hand Corner than the value displayed can be anything
    and it does not affect the size of the (white) editable area.
    Zooming out to 25% still leaves the movie clips out in the gray.

    Adjusting my monitor does nothing to change the situation either.
    I'm running at 1280 by 1024 anyway.

    Thanks for all your suggestions.

  7. #7

    I forgot to metion I'm using Flash MX.

    "Jacob Filek" <jacobsdesignsno.email.net> wrote in message
    > OK maybe I'm lame but how can I make the editing area larger?
    > I don't mean the main stage, which is set under "Doent Properties".
    > But the area where you edit a movie clip or button or whatever!
    > I have moved objects off the (white) area and onto the (grey) area and
    > cannot get to them!
    > Even if I change the main stage dimensions I still can't pan over and see
    > my graphics.
    >

    > Please help me..............

    Jacob Filek Guest

  8. #8

    That's called the work area, and yes, you're doomed ;)

    Not entirely - there is no way to make it bigger, but there are a couple of
    things you can do. Depends how well structured your movie is in regards to
    it's use of layers. If you press CTRL+a it will select all content. If you
    then know that your missing content is to the right of the work area, you
    can use the SHIFT+LEFT Cursor to move it left to where you can see it again.
    Helps if you can lock the content currentyl onstage, or it will move off the
    left sude.

    Alternatively, if you know roughly where the content is, choose the Arrow
    tool and drag over the grey area where you know the content to be. Again,
    use the cursor keys to move the content back onstage. Although you can't see
    it, the content off the work area WILL be selected...

    HTH, good luck.

    }`P
    --
    ---------------------------------------
    [url]http://www.phageinteractive.com[/url]

    ..

    Peter Blumenthal Guest

  9. #9

    Thanks for your reply. That worked!
    But I'm now wondering why the limitation on the size of the work area?
    I Realize that there must be some limits but why 1440 X 1440?

    "Peter Blumenthal" <mm_petephageinteractive.com> wrote in message
    > That's called the work area, and yes, you're doomed ;)
    >
    > Not entirely - there is no way to make it bigger, but there are a couple
    of
    > things you can do. Depends how well structured your movie is in regards to
    > it's use of layers. If you press CTRL+a it will select all content. If you
    > then know that your missing content is to the right of the work area, you
    > can use the SHIFT+LEFT Cursor to move it left to where you can see it
    again.
    > Helps if you can lock the content currentyl onstage, or it will move off
    the
    > left sude.
    >
    > Alternatively, if you know roughly where the content is, choose the Arrow
    > tool and drag over the grey area where you know the content to be. Again,
    > use the cursor keys to move the content back onstage. Although you can't
    see
    > it, the content off the work area WILL be selected...
    >
    > HTH, good luck.
    >
    > }`P
    > --
    > ---------------------------------------
    > [url]http://www.phageinteractive.com[/url]
    > PhageInteractive Ltd.
    > remove mm_ to mail
    > ---------------------------------------
    > 'If I come across as a grumpy and twisted old man, it's just because I'm a
    > grumpy, twisted, old man." - me
    >
    > .

    Jacob Filek Guest

  10. #10

    > I Realize that there must be some limits but why 1440 X 1440?

    can't help you there i'm afraid....anybody...anybody...bueller...anybody... ?

    --