Professional Web Applications Themes

Editable Region controlled by template - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

I have created a new page, based on my template, and created a table inside the editable region. I have completed my new page and now see that the margin of the "main content" (editable) region is now located on the lower portion of this new page. I am unable to move it back up to the top where it belongs. I have tried resizing my table columns but nothing is working. This page is not live at this time. I would like to send this page to someone to look at and perhaps they could make a suggestion. I ...

  1. #1

    Default Editable Region controlled by template

    I have created a new page, based on my template, and created a table inside the
    editable region. I have completed my new page and now see that the margin of
    the "main content" (editable) region is now located on the lower portion of
    this new page. I am unable to move it back up to the top where it belongs. I
    have tried resizing my table columns but nothing is working. This page is not
    live at this time. I would like to send this page to someone to look at and
    perhaps they could make a suggestion. I would rather not re-do this entire
    page again. Too much work has gone into it. I feel as though it is something
    simple that I just do not see.

    Who could help me with this? I am using DreamWeaver CS3.

    Thank you.

    vbiggs101 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Editable Region controlled by template

    Let's see the page, please.

    Be aware that Template markup does not, and CANNOT affect your rendered
    layout. If you are seeing rendering issues, it would be entirely because of
    the way you have built your page.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "vbiggs101" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    I am unable to copy and past the entire code from this particular web page to
    this forum. The amount exceeds the limit allowed. I tried emailing it to you,
    but my email was returned as well. Do you have another email address other
    than:
    mailto:com

    Thank you,

    vbiggs101 Guest

  4. #4

    Please don't email me anything.

    Upload the page to some webspace and post a link to it here. That way
    everyone can see it and help you (or profit from the responses).

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "vbiggs101" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  5. #5

    Use a website like pastebin.ca or something.
    Bikiniguy22 Guest

  6. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    xbox360gurl70s Guest
    Moderated Post

  7. #7

    Thank you. Never heard of pastbin before. I have copied and pasted the entire code for that particular web page.

    http://pastebin.ca/1037179

    Thank you for your help.
    vbiggs101 Guest

  8. #8

    I rec'd some assistance today from the Technical Support Dept. of Adobe
    regarding the table issue. It appears that if I view my HTML page in Internet
    Explorer or Fire Fox, the page appears normal, for whatever reason...however,
    in the "design view" of Dream Weaver this page still appears with the table
    hung up below the right side- bar. That I still don't understand. I am in the
    process now of making this page "live." I guess as long as it appears normal
    "live", I should not be concerned with it?? Is Dream Weaver not WYSIWYG??

    here is my page link:

    www.spartanburgso.org/unsolved homicides

    Thank you,

    vbiggs101 Guest

  9. #9

    > Is Dream Weaver not WYSIWYG??

    There is no such thing as WYSIWYG in web development. DW certainly is not
    WYSIWYG, although it is close in most cases.

    See what happens when you use folder/filenames that contain spaces? That's
    a very bad start....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert