Professional Web Applications Themes

Editing - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I love Contribute and we use it for our two nonprofit web sites. The only recurring problem we have is crashes that occur while we edit press releases and other material that is emailed to us. Contribute also crashes sometimes when we try to link to material on other sites. We edit with Macs. Is anyone else having similar problems or does anyone know how to fix this?...

  1. #1

    Default Editing

    I love Contribute and we use it for our two nonprofit web sites. The only
    recurring problem we have is crashes that occur while we edit press releases
    and other material that is emailed to us. Contribute also crashes sometimes
    when we try to link to material on other sites. We edit with Macs. Is anyone
    else having similar problems or does anyone know how to fix this?

    tryanother Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Editing

    yes! yes! yes!

    i too am having the exact same problem. we use contribute to manage a website
    of about 600 pages. we are working on mac (administrator) and users use pc. we
    are running on mac os 10.3.9 and have recently upgraded to contribute 3.1.
    since the upgrade, the machine consistently crashes once we upload once draft
    (i get about 4-5 drafts) a day!

    quite frustrating...not sure what the problem is and the new versdion of
    dreamweaver 8 also does the same!

    any advice or other users with similar problem!

    macromedia sort this one out asap pls! software is great but can;t deal with
    this crashing environment

    Raj1978 Guest

  3. #3

    We are having the same problem. My Mac-based clients are complaining about
    random crashes while editing and not being able to create more than one link on
    a page at a time without Contribute going haywire (crashing usually, sometimes
    locking up). This bahavior is consistent even with a clean install of both
    Panther and Tiger versions of OS X so i'm inclined at this point to suspect the
    software and not the environment.

    Our single Windows XP-based Contribute user has never had a crash.

    xingyi Guest

  4. #4

    How do we get Apple to address this problem? Any ideas?
    tryanother Guest

  5. #5

    I am having a related problem. First use of Contribute after upgrading from OS
    3.9 to 10.4.3. I re-established links to the site and was able to load a page
    into the Contribute browser. When I try to download the page for edit, it
    starts to downloaad but hangs with the progress bar about 3/4 complete.

    Has anyone else seen this or have suggestions?

    cover3 Guest

  6. #6

    My company needs software that will allow 10-12 team members the ability to
    make edits to a page and have each person's edits be available to all other
    members (so everyone can see what that one person did). We would basically use
    the software for a select number of employees and secure the pages so no one
    else can see them.

    But to the ones who had access we need to be able to make changes/suggestions
    with many people having the same page open at the same time. IS this software
    capable of doing this? If not, does anyone have a suggestion of what software
    would
    do this?

    1jpl1 Guest

  7. #7

    I'm not really sure how to use this forum, but I was hoping someone from this
    thread could help out.

    I am attempting to edit our web page using Contribute 3. I have edited and
    published the corrections, however they are not showing up on the web page,
    even though the changes show up in Contribute. What can I do to get the changes
    to edit correctly? HELP!!!

    chi_depps Guest