Professional Web Applications Themes

Editing a disappearing page? - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I administer a website for a school with many Contribute users. There are a couple of pages in one dept. that are longer than most . They were created from a template for that dept . The problem is that will not show the last section of the page while in edit mode. The user scrolls down to the a certain point and the whole page goes blank. scroll up again, and it reappears but the last few sections of text are inaccessible. I've checked the code for the page, the template, and the css it was created from in ...

  1. #1

    Default Editing a disappearing page?

    I administer a website for a school with many Contribute users. There are a
    couple of pages in one dept. that are longer than most . They were created
    from a template for that dept . The problem is that will not show the last
    section of the page while in edit mode.

    The user scrolls down to the a certain point and the whole page goes blank.
    scroll up again, and it reappears but the last few sections of text are
    inaccessible.

    I've checked the code for the page, the template, and the css it was created
    from in Dreamweaver and it appears fine. There is no restricting boundaries (
    IE height variables etc.) for this page. I've been able to edit it myself with
    Dreamweaver as well as in a basic text- html editor just fine. After I edit it
    with other applications, and publish it to the server it appears fine on any
    browser. It's only in the edit mode of Contribute this problem happens.

    There is nothing extraordinary about the page, no PHP or anything just basic
    text, I can't find anything that can tell me why Contribute Application won't
    read- or allow the user to access at all- the page past a certain point.
    :disgust;

    BMCkcai Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Editing a disappearing page?

    BMCkcai wrote:
    > I administer a website for a school with many Contribute users. There are a
    > couple of pages in one dept. that are longer than most . They were created
    > from a template for that dept . The problem is that will not show the last
    > section of the page while in edit mode.
    >
    > The user scrolls down to the a certain point and the whole page goes blank.
    > scroll up again, and it reappears but the last few sections of text are
    > inaccessible.
    >
    > I've checked the code for the page, the template, and the css it was created
    > from in Dreamweaver and it appears fine. There is no restricting boundaries (
    > IE height variables etc.) for this page. I've been able to edit it myself with
    > Dreamweaver as well as in a basic text- html editor just fine. After I edit it
    > with other applications, and publish it to the server it appears fine on any
    > browser. It's only in the edit mode of Contribute this problem happens.
    >
    > There is nothing extraordinary about the page, no PHP or anything just basic
    > text, I can't find anything that can tell me why Contribute Application won't
    > read- or allow the user to access at all- the page past a certain point.
    > :disgust;

    I guess, If you edit the same page in dreamweaver you might see the same
    behavior. not sure there might be some problem with your css?
    Arun Kumar M Guest