Professional Web Applications Themes

Editing paragraph styles - Adobe Indesign Windows

Iíve recently upgraded to InDesign CS, in version 2 when using paragraph styles, I used to be able to open one style to edit it while the text cursor was sitting in another style by holding down Ctrl+shift and double clicking the style I wanted to open, this would not change the text where the cursor was sitting. This appears not to work in CS, does anyone know the shortcut to achieve this. Many thanks Alan...

  1. #1

    Default Editing paragraph styles

    Alan_King@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Editing paragraph styles

    I've found I can right click and then edit the style I want to change, but would prefer to use one operation as opposed to two if that is possible.
    Alan_King@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    We are using InDesign 2.02 in a Windows 2000 platform 512 RAM and whenever I try ti edit a paragraph style the program crash and does not let me do it.

    Can some body help?

    Lionel
    Lionel_Valentin@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I have one file where the same problem exists, with one specific style. It happened unded 2.0.2 and still happens under CS.
    Stu_Bloom@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    All styles, or just one?

    What about the styles in another doc?

    Could be a corrupt style or a corrupt doc.

    -John O

    JohnO@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Thanks to all of you but I reaaly believe that it is a bug of the software we tried in other doents and it was the same. besides that we created another style with the same specifications and other names and it did not let us modify it, after a couple of modifications.

  7. #7

    Were it a general bug in the product, then the product would have failed or a fix would have been published.

    What font are you using (or attempting to use) in this paragraph style? The most common cause of mysterious crashes is a bad font -- either a poorly constructed one or a corrupted one.

    Dave
    Dave_Saunders@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Dave,

    We are using Helvetica from Adobe Font Folio in one of the Styles and Palatine Linotype (Openfont) from Adobe too.

    Thanks

  9. #9

    Palatino Linotype is from Microsoft I believe.

    Well, try reinstallng those fonts. They could have become corrupted. How old is that Helvetica?

  10. #10

    Dave;

    You are right, Palatino is from microsoft. Really I do not know how old is Helvetica Font, but it works perfectly with the other programs including Illustrator 10, Corel Draw 12, Ventura 10, PageMaker 7.01, Xara X1, Canvas 8 etc.

    I know that InDesign is a strong program, but there are a couple of things that does not work, at least here in Fast Printing. For example we use an Eagle Founder RIP Postcript 3 and all the programs prints everything except InDesign. It says our Printer is Level 1 and it is not soported. So we have to make a Poscript file and print it from the RIP. All the other softwares let us select the Poscript Level we want to use except InDesign, it does not le us even to use the RIP. We have this problem with the styles. In any way this means that the software does not function properly I just mean that here in Fast Printing we have this problem and nobody have solved them, but theese are misdemeanors and we will go on using InDesign. We just upgraded to InDesign CS and are waitin for it.

    Dest regards

  11. #11

    That a font works with a long list of applications doesn't mean that it is not corrupted. Most applications hardly scratch the surface of the contents of a font. Although PageMaker does tend to go quite deep, so if it is OK with the font that tends to be a good sign.

    If InDesign thinks your RIP is Level 1 it's because the PPD you're using says that. Check the RIP supplier to make sure you have the latest PPD.

  12. #12

    Dave;

    When we open the PPD it says it is Poscript Level 3

  13. #13

    Well, somehow that message isn't getting through to InDesign. Are you sure there's not two PPDs hanging around? I'm a Mac user and I've seen these kinds of problems on Macs, but I don't know how these things are managed on PCs.