I have a web template (from Coffeecup.com) and need to change the standard
entries ("your name here", etc) to something more meaningful. These
templates are .gif images and hard to edit just by erasing and entering new
text into them and I have been advised to use PhotoShop Elements to edit the
..psd doent and change the individual items.

I've tried but this product is not for the faint hearted.. Does anybody have
a few pointers as to how I should go about this?

I have opened the relevant .psd doents in PS Elements but beyond changing
some items in the layer palette (which didn't seem to work) I've got
nowhere.

Any tips or help VERY gratefully received..

Derek