Professional Web Applications Themes

Elements 2.0 Browser fails to lauch - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I would like to try the file browser but (although all else works fine) I click Browse fron the File pull-down or Shft+CRTRL+O, and nothing happens.. any thoughts on why ? do I need to disable one of my other browsers (IE6, Opera or AcDSEE?) should I try to re-install fm the CD-ROM? Browse may have been an option I opted-out on upon initial install since I use AcDSEE a lot and like it .. however it's not integrayed and I would like to switch over to Elements Browser and try it..Regards, JimS...

  1. #1

    Default Elements 2.0 Browser fails to lauch

    I would like to try the file browser but (although all else works fine) I click Browse fron the File pull-down or Shft+CRTRL+O, and nothing happens.. any thoughts on why ? do I need to disable one of my other browsers (IE6, Opera or AcDSEE?) should I try to re-install fm the CD-ROM? Browse may have been an option I opted-out on upon initial install since I use AcDSEE a lot and like it .. however it's not integrayed and I would like to switch over to Elements Browser and try it..Regards,
    JimS
    Jim Snodgrass Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Elements 2.0 Browser fails to lauch

    Jim, sounds like we may have the same problem. I have a query titled..Browser Chatter.. a little further down. No reply yet. A "chatter" noise from the tower when I try and open file browser. Maybe we can get some help with it.
    Earl Alexander Guest

  3. #3

    I thought the file browser had stopped working for me the other day. It appeared that it would not open. But I discovered that it WAS open, but it was off the screen at the bottom. I think the way I found it was that I opened a file the normal way using the File menu, then I positioned the picture near the bottom of the screen so that I had a scroll bar appear. When I scrolled down, I found the file browser. I don't know if that will solve your problem, but that's how I found the browser again.
    Jim Hess Guest

  4. #4

    Jim, tried your suggestion, but it didnt work. I cant understand why I get the noise coming from tower. Kinda sounds like the old round dial telephone when it was released and rewound. Only louder. Browser wont open, but continues to make noise until I exit. sometime then if I open PE2 again right away, about and inch of browser will show at bottom, but starts to chatter again.
    Earl Alexander Guest

  5. #5

    Earl,

    It sounds like it is looking for something in your floppy drive. Try first deleting prefs. Then open the file browser and navigate to a pictures folder other than your desktop. Close the app and reopen (to write a new set of prefs). See if that quiets down the chatter.

    Rich
    Richard Coencas Guest

  6. #6

    Thanks Rich, I used your suggestion and browser now open's just fine. Guess I should have mentioned earlier that noise was coming from floppy drive.
    Earl Alexander Guest

  7. #7

    Glad to help.
    Richard Coencas Guest

  8. #8

    Help Rich, I used your suggestion a couple days ago to stop the floppy drive chatter when I attempt to open my browser. It worked good for a while, but then came back. Each time if I reset preferences, it will stop for a while,but not for long. Is there another solution? When it starts, it will not stop until I X out of browser.
    Earl Alexander Guest

  9. #9

    Why does the File Browser keep slipping down on the screen and eventually off? I maximize it but it doesn't stay put.
    David Rand Guest

  10. #10

    You mean it's not just me?!?

    Byron Gale Guest

  11. #11

    Earl,

    Not sure why this is happening to you. The last location that the file browser was in and the last drive location is written to prefs. If you navigate to a folder on your hard drive that has pictures, like the My Pictures folder for example, and then quit Elements, it should open to that spot the next time. Are you browsing floppies and then removing the disk?

    Rich
    Richard Coencas Guest

  12. #12

    Thanks Rich, No I don't browse floppy's. I did what you suggested in your last post, Opened Elements, went to HD, opened pictures, then I quit elements. I re opened it and clicked on the browse link, all I go was the floppy noise trying to open again. I had to X out of Elements to stop the noise. Guess maybe it's just something I have to live with.
    Earl Alexander Guest

  13. #13

    I have had the same problem of losing my browser off the screen. I have always thought the best of Adobe's products,but they sure are'nt impressing me with this UNRESOLVED issue.PE2 came out of the box with this program error and ADOBE is'nt doing anthing that i can see to resolve it.Come on Adobe,live up to your former reputation.
    Bill Cummins Guest

  14. #14

    What platform and operating system are you using? I've never had this problem, and it's rarely seen on the forum. Have you actually contacted Adobe about it?
    Beth Haney Guest