Professional Web Applications Themes

Elements 2 Freezes loading in XP - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Photoshop 2 Elements freezes in the middle of loading when I try to run it in Windows XP Pro. Any suggestions please? Les Terry...

  1. #1

    Default Elements 2 Freezes loading in XP

    Photoshop 2 Elements freezes in the middle of loading when I try to run it in Windows XP Pro. Any suggestions please?

    Les Terry
    LES TERRY Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Elements 2 Freezes loading in XP

    You say it freezes in the middle of loading. The splash screen usually reports a task, such as "building Help files", "loading patterns", or some such. What is it trying to do when it freezes? This could provide a valuable clue! :) Occasionally the problem occurs around "loading fonts" if people have a whole lot of them installed. Check it out again and report back.
    Beth Haney Guest

  3. #3

    Thank you for your prompt message Beth.

    Perhaps freezes on start up would be a better description. It seems to stagger slowly through its loading procedure and freezes on "scanning for plug-ins" but on different plug-ins each time.

    Les Terry
    LES TERRY Guest

  4. #4

    I hope that someone can pick up this thread. I have a new dell 3200 with XP Pro. and decided to switch to Elements. It will not load. I have tried switching to administartor rights, and copied the CD to my desktop and tried to install from there. I get as far as the screen that asks me to install elements or reader, click it and then it freezes. The install starts fine on my old win 2000 computer. Any advice would be really appresciated. Thanks Thomas FIcho.
    Thomas Ficho Guest

  5. #5

    Thomas,

    Disable any anti-virus software (and firewall), make sure nothing is running (background or as an
    application) while you install it. Defrag your hard drive, do some cleanup as well. Basically,
    ensure that every conditions is good for Elements to be installed.

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Ray, I have shut down everything including NAV as well as every non essential program and have defraged as well. Still, will not move beyond the same spot. Thanks.
    Thomas Ficho Guest

  8. #8

    hmmm...there was a gal in here a short time ago with the very same problem, I don't know if she ever solved the problem or posted her final situation.

    Perhaps one of you other forum people know which post I am thinking of.

    Meanwhile, Thomas, perhaps a search on this forum will yield a solution for you. I wish I had an answer for your frustrating problem right now.
    Nancy S Guest

  9. #9

    Thomas,

    Have you tried beginning with installation with the "Run" command, pointing to the setup file?
    Nancy S Guest

  10. #10

    Uninstall PSE then go into safe mode and try installing PSE in there as admin. Then when your done, go back into normal mode to see if that helped you load into PSE.
    Trevor Somers Guest

  11. #11

    Les,

    The problem you describe is exactly what was happening with a bad patch for XP. Make sure you are up to date with the latest patches and you might unintstall Q811493 and reinstall it from Windows update, they fixed it and there is a newer version.

    Rich
    Richard Coencas Guest