Professional Web Applications Themes

Elements Actions III - Adobe Photoshop Elements

A pre-release of the FREE Elements Actions III is available from ThePowerXChange. Find out more and discuss here: <http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6443> Or go right to the download area: <https://www.thepowerxchange.com/thepowerxchange/TPX_Partners/DesignStore_HPA3/> This package adds: 50 pre-installed actions (87 total) the ability to install over 500 actions allows you to manage an infinite number of actions in sets of 12 or groups of 84. Includes these tools: NEW: ------- Fade effect Shadow Mask Highlight Mask Trim image Reveal Image 1 slower Action playback speed control custom Drop Shadow custom Glow (inner & outer) custom Bevel custom Stroke Plus: ------- Layer Mask insert Channel Mixer Adjustment ...

  1. #1

    Default Elements Actions III

    -------
    Fade effect
    Shadow Mask
    Highlight Mask
    Trim image
    Reveal Image
    1 slower Action playback speed control
    custom Drop Shadow
    custom Glow (inner & outer)
    custom Bevel
    custom Stroke

    Plus:
    -------
    Layer Mask insert
    Channel Mixer Adjustment Layer
    Selective Color Adjustment Layer
    Quick Mask mode

    If you don't see a tool and want it, let me know...

    Richard Lynch
    Richard Lynch Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Elements Actions III

    Richard, thanks! It looks like you have to register at the PowerXChange
    website, then wait a couple days for an activation code. Or is there a
    bypass I missed somewhere...?

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  3. #3

    Looks like it, Chuck (altho' as I've got the beta I decided against giving yet another website all sorts of personal information just to see if there were any changes in the final version!) I presume it will be up on the usual site in the fullness of time. The new fade tool, the shadow and highlight masks are very useful - and the new effects actions are a bit more flexible for some purposes than the existing Elements layer styles and effects. I've used the first three mentioned tools a lot since I got hold of them. HPA3 coexists fine with Ling Nero's alternative snap-actions player and Paul Shipley's add-ons.

    Susan S.
    Susan S. Guest

  4. #4

    Chuck - as the name suggests they give a selection based on the luminosity of the image - one selects the darkest area of the image, one the lightest - add a levels adjustment with one of the selections in place and it gives a quick and dirty method of adjusting the contrast of an image. Or save the selection to use as a texture map in the lighting effects filter. Or whatever. Not so precise as creating a custom mask for a particular image to select exactly the area of shadows that you want, but quick and easy.
    You can do something that I think gives a similar selection in Elements already - (one if Jay's tricks iirc.) by copying the image, pasting it into a layer mask - just use the one attached to an adjustment layer that you put in temporarily if you don't have an add-on to give layer masks - then load the contents of the mask as a selection by control/command clicking on the mask icon. Invert Selection to select shadow areas (I think! - I can never remember which way round it is)

    Susan S.
    Susan S. Guest

  5. #5

    Susan, thanks for the explanation - will give them a try! Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  6. #6

    If you want to wait, I will be releasing these soon and can make them available on Adobe Studio. The power xchange wanted to use the tools in a promo, and the only real stipulation was that I not distribute it for a period. I'm waiting.

    The shadow and highlight masks do just what they say: create a mask from highlights or shadows using layer clipping and the 'luminosity' of the image. The luminosity is almost exactly what you get from the L layer in LAB in Photoshop. There are some differences because of the difference in mode (RGB is not LAB). The effect of use is pretty much indistinguishable (or you can tell if you do a digital comparison, but it would be doubtful you can tell with a visual one), and the result is actually the same in Photoshop or Elements in RGB mode (color settings may account for other variability).

    That help?

    Richard
    Richard Lynch Guest

  7. #7

    Richard, thanks for the explanation! Still haven't heard back from Power
    Xchange, but it's only been one day and they did say two (plus it's a
    weekend...)

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  8. #8

    Will this help me to use the FM Digital Velvia action I got from the Fred Miranda site. I didn't notice it was a PhotoShop Action and I couldn't use it in Elements 2.
    thanks
    andy.
    andy Rodriguez Guest

  9. #9

    Andy,

    Many, but definitely not all, Photoshop actions can be run in Elements. I
    don't know whether the FM Digital Velvia action is one of those that will
    work or not. Richard's download will provide an interface that you can use
    to try to run it. The download is free so it can't hurt to try. There are
    some readme files that come with the download. The advanced one has
    information that should help you to add yours. If you have questions or
    need assistence, Richard would be happy to answer your questions. Just go
    to the web address he gave in the first post to this thread.

    Bob

    RobertHJones Guest