I'm having a small problem with a Flash file I'm working on. Basically,
it's a meter for a webpage that reads some variables from a txt file.
One of the variables, called "discussion", is a lengthy bunch of text
(2-3 short paragraphs) supplied by another company, and is placed in a
dynamic text field with a scroll bar. Unfortunately, for some reason,
when there is a blank line in the variable description, it shows up as 2
blank lines in the dynamic field.

For example:
in the text file, it's defined like:
&discussion=yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada

yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada&

But displays like this:
"yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada

yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada"

If I view the variables in Flash (when testing), it shows up as:
yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada\r\n\r\nyada yada yada yada
yada yada yada yada

But, if I try to search for "/r/n/r/n" in the variable, it doesn't find
it. Is there a way to p the variable to remove the blank line?

-Ed

--
Edward Wedig