Professional Web Applications Themes

email not received by some domains.... - Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques

in what maybe related to the cfhttp problem I am having with webserve.ca, emails from their servers are not being received by some domains. For example I have a site www.treasures.com hosted there. If I go into my webmail and login to my account com and send an email to 2 people (ca and com), only one of them will receive it. Anything sent to the rogers email will not go through. I have tried other emails and for now, only rogers.com email addresses cannot receive emails from my domain (com) Any idea why some domains will receive the email ...

  1. #1

    Default email not received by some domains....

    in what maybe related to the cfhttp problem I am having with webserve.ca,
    emails from their servers are not being received by some domains.

    For example I have a site www.treasures.com hosted there. If I go into my
    webmail and login to my account com and send an email to 2
    people (ca and com), only one of them will
    receive it. Anything sent to the rogers email will not go through. I have
    tried other emails and for now, only rogers.com email addresses cannot
    receive emails from my domain (com)

    Any idea why some domains will receive the email and others won't?

    ziggy31 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: email not received by some domains....

    Hi Ziggy

    Have you tried other email addresses at rogers.com besides com?

    Have you tried sending to com from a different email account just
    to check that the email address is correct and working alright?

    Do you get a failed mail response or does it just not arrive?

    If sent through CF:
    Have you checked the cold fusion mail logs to make sure there was no problem.

    rogers.com could have some firewall settings or junk mail filters which are
    blocking your email, their tech admin should be able to check which emails have
    been blocked.

    Is the FROM address a real address or just text cos some mail servers will not
    accept an email from a text string - it must be a *valid* email address.

    HTH

    zoeski80 Guest

  3. #3

    Yes, the rogers.com account receives emails from other emails...so the email is
    working perfectly. This email has been active for years.

    No failed response....just doesn't arrive.

    I've tried sending through CF, as well as normal webmail provided by the web
    host.

    Nothing gets through to this rogers.com email address.

    My question is if anything on the web hosts server would prevent emails being
    sent to a rogers.com domain or any other domain for that matter.

    ziggy31 Guest

  5. #5

    There are no spam filters on the rogers.com email either.

    In fact....I have about 5 domains with webserve and all emails from each domain never get to the rogers.com email address.
    ziggy31 Guest