Professional Web Applications Themes

Embed live cue data in live stream? - Macromedia Flash Flashcom

I am currently using the new FME to encode live to a FMS. Both applicatioins are running on the same machine. Is there a way to embed live cue and metadata into the live stream? Once embedded we want to record the stream AND send it on to viewers. Is there a way to process this on the server. The live cue and metadata is coming in the serial port....

  1. #1

    Default Embed live cue data in live stream?

    I am currently using the new FME to encode live to a FMS. Both applicatioins
    are running on the same machine. Is there a way to embed live cue and metadata
    into the live stream? Once embedded we want to record the stream AND send it
    on to viewers. Is there a way to process this on the server. The live cue and
    metadata is coming in the serial port.

    mconnell1 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Embed live cue data in live stream?

    you can't do this with FME. If you publish via the Flash Player you can use NetStream.send

    stoem Guest

  3. #3

    Would it be possible to use FME connected to FMS and embed the data into the FLV stream in the FMS?
    mconnell1 Guest

  4. #4

    I would be very interested to know this as well, more specifically, can you
    embed scripts / urls in the flash stream? You can do this in Windows and Real
    Media on a data layer separate from the video/audio data.

    so_and_so Guest

  5. #5

    Hey Flasher,

    I got the same issues as mentioned in the posts above. I am using FMS for live
    streaming and I want to embed metadata into the live stream. So far, I'm using
    a server side script that calls the Stream.send() method, but I'm not sure if
    there are other (better?) ways how to achieve this situation. What do you think?

    Here are some questions that came up:
    1) When using Stream.send(), is the message directly embedded into the stream
    (like some header information)?
    2) Is this message somehow comparable to cue points used in a FLV file?

    Thanks in advance!

    Loonababe Guest

  6. #6

    You can do this if you encode the data in the FMS instead of the encoder.
    However you cannot then send the content from that FMS downstream to another.
    I believe Adobe may be fixing this in a later release. We could not wait on
    their solution. We migrated to Silverlight. It works there.

    videoisgreat Guest

  7. #7

    That's really interesting to hear, because we are currently evaluating
    Silverlight as an alternativ technology for our live stream. But when I last
    checked their website it said, they don't support Script Commands yet.
    See [url]http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1497827&SiteID=1[/url]

    Loonababe Guest

  8. #8

    ah sorry im just too confused. i dont egt what you mean
    gangsterflashman Guest