Professional Web Applications Themes

Embedded DropDownList in column. - ASP.NET Data Grid Control

I am using Visual Studio 2003 with VB.NET and I have bought 3 books and surfed several web sites which claim how to define and bind an embedded dropdownlist in a datagrid for ASP.NET. None of them include the full working code and I am having a hard time firing the function which binds the datagrid for each of the rows as well as one which fetches the dropdownlist's value when it is time to save it.. I do not want to have an edit button or EditTemplate implementation. All I want to do is create a datagrid with 6 ...

  1. #1

    Default Embedded DropDownList in column.

    I am using Visual Studio 2003 with VB.NET and I have bought 3 books and
    surfed several web sites which claim how to define and bind an embedded
    dropdownlist in a datagrid for ASP.NET. None of them include the full
    working code and I am having a hard time firing the function which binds the
    datagrid for each of the rows as well as one which fetches the
    dropdownlist's value when it is time to save it.. I do not want to have an
    edit button or EditTemplate implementation. All I want to do is create a
    datagrid with 6 columns with 1 column being a dropdownlist fully populated.
    I would like to have a submit button which loops through each row at the end
    so that I can submit these changes and then fetches a new set of records to
    assign values to based upon the value in the dropdownlist. I can not seem
    to get these events lined up properly.

    Does anybody understand this concept enough to help out?

    David Londeck Guest

  2. #2

    Hi David,

    You can use <asp:TemplateColumn> and <ItemTemplate> to
    hold dropdownlist, or other server control, in a datagrid.

    HTH

    Elton Wang
    [email]elton_wanghotmail.com[/email]

    Elton Wang Guest