Professional Web Applications Themes

Embedded server problem... - MySQL

Hi all. I am working on a wrapper ( a dll made in C using the C-api) around the MySQL-api in order to be able to use the embedded server from C# (I hate doing GUI:s in C). So far everything seems to work fine, I can init the server and it will make me a small database in my current directory. First I tried using 5.0.19 API, but that version doesnt seem to have the embedded server included, so I downloaded the 4.1.18 version, and ran the setup and choosed only the Embedded stuff + include+libs. I then linked ...

  1. #1

    Default Embedded server problem...

    Hi all.
    I am working on a wrapper ( a dll made in C using the C-api) around the
    MySQL-api in order to be able to use the embedded server from C# (I hate
    doing GUI:s in C).
    So far everything seems to work fine, I can init the server and it will
    make me a small database in my current directory.
    First I tried using 5.0.19 API, but that version doesnt seem to have the
    embedded server included, so I downloaded the 4.1.18 version, and ran
    the setup and choosed only the Embedded stuff + include+libs. I then
    linked my DLL against the libmysqld.lib and keep the libmysqld.dll in my
    path during runtime and it works, BUT, the mysql-init-server wants to
    open a errmsg.sys file which it wants to be located at
    "c:\mysql\share\english".

    How can I avoid this ? Is there some option to tell the embedded server
    routines that I want this file someplace else ?

    Thanx in advance.

    /ZW
    ZoombyWoof Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Embedded server problem...

    ZoombyWoof <zoombywoofremovethishotmail.com> wrote:
    > I am working on a wrapper ( a dll made in C using the C-api) around the
    > MySQL-api in order to be able to use the embedded server from C#
    > ... the mysql-init-server wants to
    > open a errmsg.sys file which it wants to be located at
    > "c:\mysql\share\english".
    >
    > How can I avoid this ? Is there some option to tell the embedded server
    > routines that I want this file someplace else ?
    RTFM: [url]http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/libmysqld-options.html[/url]

    The messages file is looked up in <basedir>\share\english. So you may
    want to set the --basedir option when calling mysql_server_init()

    XL

    Online User Manual: [url]http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/[/url]
    MySQL User Forums: [url]http://forums.mysql.com/[/url]
    Axel Schwenke Guest

  3. #3

    Axel Schwenke wrote:
    > ZoombyWoof <zoombywoofremovethishotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I am working on a wrapper ( a dll made in C using the C-api) around the
    >> MySQL-api in order to be able to use the embedded server from C#
    >
    >> ... the mysql-init-server wants to
    >> open a errmsg.sys file which it wants to be located at
    >> "c:\mysql\share\english".
    >>
    >> How can I avoid this ? Is there some option to tell the embedded server
    >> routines that I want this file someplace else ?
    >
    > RTFM: [url]http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/libmysqld-options.html[/url]
    >
    > The messages file is looked up in <basedir>\share\english. So you may
    > want to set the --basedir option when calling mysql_server_init()
    >

    > XL
    > --
    > Axel Schwenke, Senior Software Developer, MySQL AB
    >
    > Online User Manual: [url]http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/[/url]
    > MySQL User Forums: [url]http://forums.mysql.com/[/url]
    Thanx :-) I'll try that.

    /ZW
    ZoombyWoof Guest

  4. #4

    Axel Schwenke wrote:
    > ZoombyWoof <zoombywoofremovethishotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I am working on a wrapper ( a dll made in C using the C-api) around the
    >> MySQL-api in order to be able to use the embedded server from C#
    >
    >> ... the mysql-init-server wants to
    >> open a errmsg.sys file which it wants to be located at
    >> "c:\mysql\share\english".
    >>
    >> How can I avoid this ? Is there some option to tell the embedded server
    >> routines that I want this file someplace else ?
    >
    > RTFM: [url]http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/libmysqld-options.html[/url]
    >
    > The messages file is looked up in <basedir>\share\english. So you may
    > want to set the --basedir option when calling mysql_server_init()
    >

    > XL
    > --
    > Axel Schwenke, Senior Software Developer, MySQL AB
    >
    > Online User Manual: [url]http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/[/url]
    > MySQL User Forums: [url]http://forums.mysql.com/[/url]
    I found the solution to this. I set --language=<some dir>. Then I can
    have the errmsg.sys file wherever I want.

    /ZW
    ZoombyWoof Guest