Professional Web Applications Themes

Embeded flash files stored where on HDD? - Macromedia Flash

There's this HUGE flash file I want to watch - it's 2 hours long. It's been fully "downloaded" to the HDD (somewhere), but a program has crashed and I need to restart the computer. Trouble is, if I do, I'll have to download the whole thing over again! Can anyone tell me where on the HDD the file would be, so I can save it and watch after a restart? Thanks for reading... Allan....

  1. #1

    Default Embeded flash files stored where on HDD?

    There's this HUGE flash file I want to watch - it's 2 hours long. It's
    been fully "downloaded" to the HDD (somewhere), but a program has
    crashed and I need to restart the computer. Trouble is, if I do, I'll
    have to download the whole thing over again! Can anyone tell me where
    on the HDD the file would be, so I can save it and watch after a
    restart?

    Thanks for reading...

    Allan.
    Allan Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Embeded flash files stored where on HDD?

    it all depends what you mean by fully downloaded..... if you watched
    it, it could be streamed, and then it's all gone.

    If you have used some sort of browser to download it, I would check out
    the cache for internetfiles and look for any huuuge file, and then copy
    it to some place and rename it..

    if its bittorrent or other such programs, they usually keep writing to
    your harddrive while downloading, so it'll still be there.

    good luck

    Trashcan Guest

  3. #3

    On 3 Mar 2006 01:22:54 -0800, "Trashcan" <com> wrote:

    Thanks. It's your second paragraph. The file is embeded in a
    webpage. It said if playback is too jittery, to pause the file, let
    it download the lot and then play it. I did this, then tried to do a
    screen capture, but it's just too big. (The capture software creates
    an *.avi file and apparently you can only have a maximum of 2GB for an
    avi file in Windows.)

    Anyway - the file has played through once without me here (while
    trying to screen capture it). If I click play now, it starts again. I
    had the modem off too, so it's definitely still on the HDD. BUT...

    It's a bit embarrassing actually. I not long started using XP +
    Firefox as a browser - and don't know where to look for the file. Not
    knowing the file extension doesn't help either! : (
    Allan Guest

  4. #4

    Allan wrote:

    > Thanks. It's your second paragraph. The file is embeded in a
    > webpage. It said if playback is too jittery, to pause the file, let
    > it download the lot and then play it. I did this, then tried to do a
    > screen capture, but it's just too big. (The capture software creates
    > an *.avi file and apparently you can only have a maximum of 2GB for an
    > avi file in Windows.)
    >
    > Anyway - the file has played through once without me here (while
    > trying to screen capture it). If I click play now, it starts again. I
    > had the modem off too, so it's definitely still on the HDD. BUT...
    >
    > It's a bit embarrassing actually. I not long started using XP +
    > Firefox as a browser - and don't know where to look for the file. Not
    > knowing the file extension doesn't help either! : ([/ref]
    Try searching within the hidden Application Data folder, you will find a
    Mozilla folder. In that, it will go something like:
    Firefox\Profiles\gibberish.default\Cache.

    so the whole location would be something like:
    C:\Doents and Settings\LOGIN_NAME\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\GIBBERISH.default\Ca che

    hope that helps
    -theartist
    theartist Guest