Professional Web Applications Themes

Enable additional users properties in Active Directory users and Computers - Windows Server

"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebranonline.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:O5qGXY1XEHA.808tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > "Mail Man" <this4meonly> wrote in message > news:2753502d.0407010033.348ae6d4posting.google.c om... > > When I looked at the users properties in Schema > > > > I found a lot of users properties which is not showing by default in AD > U&C > > like employeeID > > is there any tool or script which allow me to Read/write from shecma > > or can I play with registry to view it from U&C MMC > > Thanks 4 your time > > You can use ADSI scripting to directly use these ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Enable additional users properties in Active Directory users and Computers

    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ad/ad/display_specifiers.asp[/url]

    > --
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mike
    > --
    > Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    > rights

    > newsgroups
    >
    > "Mail Man" <this4meonly> wrote in message
    > news:2753502d.0407010033.348ae6d4posting.google.c om...
    > > When I looked at the users properties in Schema
    > >
    > > I found a lot of users properties which is not showing by default in AD
    > U&C
    > > like employeeID
    > > is there any tool or script which allow me to Read/write from shecma
    > > or can I play with registry to view it from U&C MMC
    > > Thanks 4 your time

    Does MS supply an easy-to-use GUI tools to modify/extend the schema instead
    of just using the command line such as LDIFDE and CSVDE?

    If yes, what's the name of it and where to get it? If not, is there 3rd
    party that does it? Thanks

    Sarah Tanembaum Guest

  2. #2

    The Schema Manager MMC snap-in allows for schema modifications through a
    GUI.
    See the Help and Support use the topic Schema snap-in to search for.
    This will tell you how to add the MMC etc.

    My only concern is that if you are asking this question are you ready to
    make a schema change, do you understand the full ramifications of what you
    are planning and do you have al the appropriate planning, and testing done
    or ready prior to this.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    "Sarah Tanembaum" <sarahtanembaum> wrote in message

    > "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebranonline.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > "Mail Man" <this4meonly> wrote in message
    > > news:2753502d.0407010033.348ae6d4posting.google.c om...
    > > > When I looked at the users properties in Schema
    > > >
    > > > I found a lot of users properties which is not showing by default in
    AD
    > > U&C
    > > > like employeeID
    > > > is there any tool or script which allow me to Read/write from shecma
    > > > or can I play with registry to view it from U&C MMC
    > > > Thanks 4 your time
    > >
    > > You can use ADSI scripting to directly use these additional attributes.
    > >
    > > If you want them to use available in the MMC then you will need to more
    > > development around the use of Display Specifiers see

    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ad/ad/display_specifiers.asp[/url]

    > > --
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Mike
    > > --
    > > Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    > > rights
    > >
    > > Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
    > > newsgroups
    > >
    > > "Mail Man" <this4meonly> wrote in message
    > > news:2753502d.0407010033.348ae6d4posting.google.c om...
    > > > When I looked at the users properties in Schema
    > > >
    > > > I found a lot of users properties which is not showing by default in
    AD
    > > U&C
    > > > like employeeID
    > > > is there any tool or script which allow me to Read/write from shecma
    > > > or can I play with registry to view it from U&C MMC
    > > > Thanks 4 your time
    > >

    > Does MS supply an easy-to-use GUI tools to modify/extend the schema
    instead
    > of just using the command line such as LDIFDE and CSVDE?
    >
    > If yes, what's the name of it and where to get it? If not, is there 3rd
    > party that does it? Thanks

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT] Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks Mike.
    > make a schema change, do you understand the full
    > ramifications of what you are planning and do you
    > have al the appropriate planning, and testing done
    > or ready prior to this.
    I'm not sure. Perhaps one should be careful modifying such as any
    attributes, methods, and/or classes that are being used by Windows Systems
    and Apps;

    But adding attributes, methods, and/or classes, beside the initial
    tion rammafication such as schema change propagation, data
    synchronization, perhaps other latencies issues, what other things one
    should worry about?

    Thanks for your kind advice.

    Sarah

    > The Schema Manager MMC snap-in allows for schema modifications through a
    > GUI.
    > See the Help and Support use the topic Schema snap-in to search for.
    > This will tell you how to add the MMC etc.
    >
    > My only concern is that if you are asking this question are you ready to
    > make a schema change, do you understand the full ramifications of what you
    > are planning and do you have al the appropriate planning, and testing done
    > or ready prior to this.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mike
    > --
    > Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    > rights

    > newsgroups
    >
    > "Sarah Tanembaum" <sarahtanembaum> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebranonline.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > "Mail Man" <this4meonly> wrote in message
    > > > news:2753502d.0407010033.348ae6d4posting.google.c om...

    > AD
    > > > U&C
    > > >
    > > > You can use ADSI scripting to directly use these additional
    attributes.

    > > > If you want them to use available in the MMC then you will need to
    more
    > > > development around the use of Display Specifiers see

    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ad/ad/display_specifiers.asp[/url]

    > > > --
    > > >
    > > > Regards,
    > > >
    > > > Mike
    > > > --
    > > > Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    > > > rights
    > > >
    > > > Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
    > > > newsgroups
    > > >
    > > > "Mail Man" <this4meonly> wrote in message
    > > > news:2753502d.0407010033.348ae6d4posting.google.c om...

    > AD
    > > > U&C
    > > >

    > > Does MS supply an easy-to-use GUI tools to modify/extend the schema
    > instead
    > > of just using the command line such as LDIFDE and CSVDE?
    > >
    > > If yes, what's the name of it and where to get it? If not, is there 3rd
    > > party that does it? Thanks

    Sarah Tanembaum Guest