Professional Web Applications Themes

Enable the Saving of a form with the data by Reader - Adobe Acrobat Macintosh

I created a form. Under properties, no security and everything is allowed. I want to be able to email or have this form downloaded and have the user be able to fill it in with Acrobat or Reader and save it INCLUDING the data and then email it to me as an attachment. I don't want to use the email or submit button. I want them to be able to save it locally on their computer with all data intact. Can you help PLEASE!! Using Acrobat 8 on a MAC. thanks,...

  1. #1

    Default Enable the Saving of a form with the data by Reader

    Barbara_Mairs@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    In Acrobat Pro, select "Advanced > Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader"

    But please be aware of the licensing restrictions if you plan on distributing any such enabled PDFs to more than 500 recipients.

    George
    George Johnson Guest

  3. #3

    That's no more than 500.
    pjonesCET@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    That's no more than 500.

    No. George has it right. Read again.
    graffiti Guest

  5. #5

    So it is!

    But the way his statement was written was confusing. The way its usually explained That in order to turn on User rights to allow for saving of and emailing to recipients through Acrobat or posting to a website, for acrobat or reader, the User must to limit to 500 instances.

    Even though his statement was correct technically because of the way it was worded, was the reason I added the clarification.

    You can either email to 500 recipients. Or if posted to a website. you can only use the first 500 responses.

    Sorry for the confusion.
    pjonesCET@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    FWIW, the usual explanations in regards to this are wrong more often that they are right.

    For example, the Acrobat License Agreement says nothing about emailing extended doents or posting extended doents on a web site, but rather simply deploying them.

    Also, it only mentions instances of an extended doent in relation to how many the licensee may extract information from if the doent was deployed to more than 500 recipients and returned to the licensee.

    If there are 500 or fewer recipients, the licensee may extract information from an unlimited number of instances of an extended doent.

    George
    George Johnson Guest

  7. #7

    Re just had clarification of the Adobe EULA showing two links. Both links showed either the 500 emails or first 500 downloads (Recipients from a Website)

    But what either way there is a 500 limit as to what you can do.
    pjonesCET@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    I'll of course toss in my normal opinion as to how these enabled forms are not a good solution for a business application unless there is no chance of breaking the EULA.
    graffiti Guest

  9. #9

    The idea about the enabled rights limited to 500. Came about because so many small companies and especially no profits wanted away to send a small number of items without having to pay for an expensive solution That cost more than their entire budget for 5 or 10 years.

    Its not meant for fortune 1500 companies. Its for those that have virtually no budget, Non Profits or a versy small budget and clientèle
    pjonesCET@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Angry Re: Enable the Saving of a form with the data by Reader

    [email]pjonesCETadobeforums.com[/email], George's original post is perfectly clear. Your attempts to muddle you obvious oversight by not reading George's comment clearly, or simply the fact that you may not have excellent grammatical mastery if the only problem here. You should stop trying to justify you opposite interpretation and simply say, "Oh, sorry. Misread it." We would all respect you perfectly well if you did.
    Glenn Guest